The Kitchen Sink Collection [discontinued]

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
guinness

#46 Post by guinness »

Downloaded and testing...

webfork

Kitchen Sink Collection 1.1

#47 Post by webfork »

Version 1.1 is out and the torrent has already gotten 535 downloads in just 12 hours. Unlike previous posts, Torrent speeds for this one should be lightning fast.

Major changes
  • User interface cleanup (better icons, more intelligent folders)
  • Fixed a number of problems in the 1.0 version with missing, out-of-date, and broken files.
  • Updated, added, and removed ~40 programs.
  • Dramatic CAFE update: A configuration to allow opening over 700 file types, enable only the "power" editors (OpenOffice and GIMP), or open any compressed file (including EXE / MSI files).
  • Shortcuts/Hotkeys added
Got a LOT of help from users Guiness and Vishnu on this release. Big thanks to them.

Download (445 megs, 1.22 gigs uncompressed):

Torrent:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/2774102/

Web:
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/66946/kit ... nk-1.1.exe

guinness

Re: Kitchen Sink Collection 1.0

#48 Post by guinness »

I will be testing! By the way are you still using the batch file to start PStart.exe? perhaps AutoIT would be a better solution in the long term, maybe I could help with creating a script. Also I have completed the program to automatically download the IPToCountry.csv for CurrPorts, was wondering if you want me to send it to you for testing?

It can download any file if you wish, for example it can be set up to download the USB.ids used in USBDeview or OUI.txt used to convert MAC Addresses to company names. It has either GUI interface thats saves the config to an INI file or can be run from command line:

Code: Select all

Program.exe http://thewebsite.com/test.zip test.zip test.txt
[Program Name] [Web Site] [Compressed File] [Single File after Compression]

Coded in AutoIT3 (December 2008)

webfork

#49 Post by webfork »

Almost anything other than a batch file would be ideal. I'm having quite a few problems getting a batch file into an executable. If you know of a way to do that with AutoIT, I'd be VERY interested.

I added the IPtoCountry.csv at your suggestion so to further improve it by including an autoupdate sequence for that file would be stellar. Thank you so much. Please do send to foldinghomxe axt gmaixl doxt coxm (delete the x's).

M@tty

#50 Post by M@tty »

AutoIt can script most things that a batch file can. Perhaps it would be worth posting the batch file (It will take 16 minutes to download all 445 MB for me - you might read this sooner) - I could probably help you.

guinness

#51 Post by guinness »

Will do, I will send you the script and the executable to look at tonight about 10PM GMT. I will also include a conversion of the batch file used to open Kitchen Sink with an AutoIT version, just to compare.

webfork

Kitchen Sink 1.3 beta

#52 Post by webfork »

Sort of prompted by this thread talking about downloading the entire site in one torrent, I got back to work on the Kitchen Sink project. I'm pretty sure I've removed all programs that don't allow for redistribution (the reason I quit working on it originally).

Can be downloaded via torrent or the web.

Edit: Web link has changed.
Last edited by webfork on Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

joby_toss

Re: Kitchen Sink 1.3 beta

#53 Post by joby_toss »

Leeching :twisted: ... then seeding, I promise! :mrgreen:
Great to see you back on it!

webfork

#54 Post by webfork »

Thanks Joby. :)

guinness

#55 Post by guinness »

I thought it couldn't be pulled off, but I was wrong. Welcome Back! (I meant Kitchen Sink not webfork) It takes me back to the PStart error :)

cmd

#56 Post by cmd »

Yippiee! :wink:

I am Baas

#57 Post by I am Baas »

Thanks for making the Kitchen Sink collection. DL was a bit slow. Found one duplicate (Miranda).

webfork

#58 Post by webfork »

I am Baas wrote:Thanks for making the Kitchen Sink collection. DL was a bit slow. Found one duplicate (Miranda).
Ah -- good catch, thanks. I'm so glad I put this out as a beta.
cmd wrote:Yippiee! :wink:
hehehe
guinness wrote:I thought it couldn't be pulled off, but I was wrong. Welcome Back! (I meant Kitchen Sink not webfork) It takes me back to the PStart error :)
Glad to be back. :)

janengel2001

#59 Post by janengel2001 »

I was glad to be able to download this collection, but was a bit surprised when Avira found "virus code" in one of the programs.......

Has anyone else had this problem?

Here is a copy of the text in the log file:

Downloads\Kitchen Sink Portable Freeware 1.3 beta\data\UniversalViewer\Plugins\wlx_ICLView\ICLView.wlx
--> Object
[DETECTION] Contains code of the W32/Induc.Gen Windows virus

guinness

#60 Post by guinness »

http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/iclview.html It appears to be a False Positive, but if you are concerned re-download the plugin from the link that was just provided and replace.