Koma Mail

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
lajjal

Koma Mail

#1 Post by lajjal »

[Moderator note: this is the primary Koma Mail program thread. View database entry]

---

I dont't think Koma Mail is stealth since it uses IE for message composition as discussed here: http://www.koma-code.de/forum/viewtopic ... e929d5b9b1

m^(2)

#2 Post by m^(2) »

Another issue with Koma Mail. It's not freeware. It's nagware. Sometimes (rarely, every IIRC ~2 months) it shows a window nagging about donations.
I think that it should be noted in the description.

Andrew Lee

#3 Post by Andrew Lee »

@m^(2): Thanks! I have added a note to the description.

Technomancer

Re: Koma Mail

#4 Post by Technomancer »

I downloaded Koma Mail v3.83.
I've only been using it for a couple of weeks. There are issues that need attention but these are minor and I can work around them.
I quite like it, it has a low memory usage and it's faster than ThunderBird, though I do like them both.
I have been on the 'Koma Code' web site and I've sneakily downloaded the user manual, (using HTTrack), but I've tried to get onto the forum which is not available. I've also tried sending emails to the author and the support email address but I haven't had any replies.
I think that their web site has been abandoned and left for dead. There are, as I've said, issues and I'm making a list but I don't think that the forum will be started up again.
By the way: So far I haven't had any 'Nagging Messages' yet. If I knew how to I would create a forum because I think that's a way of passing useful hints and tips, e.g. There's supposed to be some way to switch the OnLine\OffLine from the main window but that may be on an older version.

I'll try and check this forum to see if anyone's interested.

Midas

#5 Post by Midas »

Welcome to TPFC's forums, Technomancer. And please do... :)

freakazoid

#6 Post by freakazoid »

I've updated the entry to note that the author has stopped development of the program and that he doesn't recommend people to continue using it as it might be subject to security issues.
is it stealth? ;)

webfork

#7 Post by webfork »

freakazoid wrote:I've updated the entry to note that the author has stopped development of the program and that he doesn't recommend people to continue using it as it might be subject to security issues.
Thanks for that.