BiglyBT - open source bittorrent client

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
smaragdus

Re: BiglyBT

#16 Post by smaragdus »

@h3kt0r
h3kt0r wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:17 am Truth is, you have legions of bad programmers trying to invade your desktop with poorly written, bloated, sluggish "apps" that are originally designed for tablets and/or smartphones.
They don't know s**t about assembly language, code optimization, simple, elegant, effective programming design and don't want to know what "real programming" is.
They're doomed to produce ugly, flawed, intrusive, unreliable, unelegant programs hungry on system's resources.
The driving "philosophy" behind that implies that people nowadays are "dumb" and so, they write software targeting "dumb" people.
I couldn't have said it better. In fact M$ & Windows 10 are an inspirational example for poor programming and sloppy releases without thorough testing- if the sheeple accepts the nightmare Windows 10 that means it will adopt anything. Corporations no longer like to invest in good programmers so Electron is the obvious choice and the result is disastrous (for example Franz, Slack, Wire, etc). Years ago I frowned upon Java and .NET but now both Java and .NET programs look fine for me. Atom is the epitome for Electron- ugly and non-native, heavy and bloated, bulky and generally unbearable. The corporations need sheeple that is why they engineer it (the browsers devolution is a good example).

Midas

Re: BiglyBT

#17 Post by Midas »

smaragdus wrote: (the browsers devolution is a good example).
Sadly, that's one statement I can get behind on hands down... :(

webfork

Re: BiglyBT - open source bittorrent client

#18 Post by webfork »

Update: a few months back, version 2.0 came out:

https://biglybt.tumblr.com/post/1851964 ... 0-released