Notebook Manager Usage Tests

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
TP109

Notebook Manager Usage Tests

#1 Post by TP109 »

Tested many of the notebook managers on this site for resource usage after startup. The data was obtained after launching the app with a blank note, entering two sentences and saving. Of the apps tested, I personally use TheGuide, TreeDBNotes, KeyNoteNF, MiniPad2, and MemPad. I have some fairly large database files for those five, but I don't see much of an increase in usage between loading up a large database file and a nearly empty one. Also, rarely do any of those five apps crash, no matter how large the file or how long they are kept running. Of the notebook managers tested, only the last two listed on the benchmark chart use significant resources right after start-up.

This particular test is limited in that it doesn't provide usage data for when these programs are used for long periods of time, are kept running in the background, or when large database files are loaded and edited. Only a single chart is posted because no matter how the data is combined, the rankings don't change in any significant way.
NB-man-chart.jpg
NB-man-spread.jpg