Opera (Presto) - browser listing suggestion

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
Specular

Re: Opera (Presto) - browser listing suggestion

#61 Post by Specular »

Midas wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:44 am I wish they'd just open source the Presto engine, so able developers could take a go at updating it... *sigh*
Well, there was that unofficial leak of the source code but yeah something official would have been better and allowed more to get on board. The contributors to unofficial patches haven't gotten far last I checked, just some basic additions.

loin2kolpotoru

#62 Post by loin2kolpotoru »

Specular wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:29 pm Presto extensions still appear in search results via DuckDuckGo/Google/etc but you'd need to know the name of the one you wanted since the Opera.com search hides Presto extensions.
I have already searched on the net and i was unable to find any extensions and unfortunately i don't know the extension name, that is why i asked in the forum if any one knows any link that i missed or if any one have copy of the extension and will share it. Anyway thanks for your answer.

Midas

#63 Post by Midas »

Unsettling news about Opera lately...

Hindenburg Research's analysis of Opera Software's performance and activity since the management change. It uncovered that Opera's CEO "was recently involved in a Chinese lending business" that saw its shares plunge by more than "80% in two years" and that Opera has started to make a "similar and dramatic pivot into predatory short-term loans in Africa and India".

BTW, related topic at viewtopic.php?t=23262.