BurnCDCC

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
Midas

BurnCDCC

#1 Post by Midas »

BurnCDCC is a tiny freeware utility for image file recording ("burning") unto optical media has been in TPFC's database forever (entry is at http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=116), yet it doesn't have an official forum topic -- now solved via present post (made in "Discussion", because it was originally submitted by TPFC's own founder, but I have been unable to trace any related post).
BurnCDCC version 2.02 can be downloaded from http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/downlo ... m#burncdcc.

guinness

Re: BurnCDCC

#2 Post by guinness »

Tested: Portable

Not every database entry has to have a thread associated with it.

Midas

#3 Post by Midas »

guinness wrote:Not every database entry has to have a thread associated with it.
  • Sorry, but I beg to disagree...

In the absence of a topic thread, technical debate tends to take place in the entries' comments. That is not the best practice, as it makes TPFC structure fuzzy, and scatters would be relevant information (a two tiered model has been in place here since I can remember, with the database as the site core, and forums as a more specialized back-office).

A topic may fall into the deep end of the forums by its own lack of use, but is ever ready to resurface should the need arise. As always, there will be exceptions but I feel this is a good general principle.

Having stated that, I'm ready to follow the community's consensus, whatever it may be... 8)

guinness

#4 Post by guinness »

OK, well try not to go on a massive revival :)

joby_toss

#5 Post by joby_toss »

I'd love to see the comments section disabled for the entire DB. I think (now) the forum is enough for discussions. And everyone has to be logged in anyway. In time, every relevant DB entry (worth discussing) will have its own forum topic.

guinness

#6 Post by guinness »

joby_toss wrote:(worth discussing)
Exactly.

webfork

#7 Post by webfork »

Midas wrote:Having stated that, I'm ready to follow the community's consensus, whatever it may be...
I think it's a good idea, mainly for the fact that SO many times I've said in comments "please post that in forums" and I think that would resonate more if there was a link right on the entry that says "forum" so they can click on it and paste whatever they want to say.