[junkware] CCleaner, Defraggler, Recuva, Speccy 4in1

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
MiDoJo

Re: CCleaner, Defraggler, Recuva, Speccy 4in1 Pack Portable

#31 Post by MiDoJo »

David Pi, this has gone beyond the portable apps format, you are infringing on the original IP of Piriform, you want to get all "this isn't communist china you censorers" on us well I'll get all "breaking of international patents and licensing" right back.

this "disagreement" was over the second it started

you are out and out breaking
or distribute the Product without our prior written consent.
that does not just mean hosting of files but to direct link at all

if you notice (like many programs on the site) when you click the download link in TPFC entry for CCleaner you are brought to the builds page. Piriform strictly controls how to download their software (ONLY from the webpage of piriform or from the official "mirror" for the non-portable version at filehippo)

Your "product" does not do this you are basically using a GET post (or someother manner) and scraping the software. . . this is forbidden.

remove your site immediatly

SYSTEM

#32 Post by SYSTEM »

webfork wrote:
David Pi wrote:To handle things like this (keywords spread in every posts) is very inconvenience, the censorship system in China can be used for reference. Set sensitive words, all related words would suddenly disappeared. For example, a forum set "Beijing", "Tiananmen Square", "Chairman Mao" as sensitive words. When you post "I love Tiananmen square in Beijing, Chairman Mao shine Tiananmen square everyday." It will become "I love sensitive word in sensitive word, sensitive word shine sensitive word everyday." So easy.
You're comparing your painfully counterfeit website to what happens to the Chinese people on a daily basis? So either we allow someone to advertise a website that openly flouts any idea of honesty or fairness or we're similar to a regime that oppresses billions of people? It seems we are not the ones seeing things in black and white now.
I think you misunderstood his message.
David Pi wrote:To handle things like this (keywords spread in every posts) is very inconvenience
He seems to suggest installing a phpBB extension which automatically removes links to his site.

@David Pi

No, we won't do that. It would be a major overkill. (I personally recommend removing this thread.)

BTW, do you know why the words "Tiananmen square" are censored in China? (Nearly everyone outside of China, including me, does.)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

webfork

#33 Post by webfork »

SYSTEM wrote:I think you misunderstood his message ... he seems to suggest installing a phpBB extension which automatically removes links to his site.
I thought he was employing some of his own sarcasm, but if not I'm plainly confused. I wouldn't expect a response of "there's a more efficient way to delete my stuff".

MiDoJo

#34 Post by MiDoJo »

I personally recommend removing this thread.

this +1

webfork

#35 Post by webfork »

MiDoJo wrote:
I personally recommend removing this thread.
this +1
  1. Responses by forum members to this situation represent an expenditure of time and energy. I think deleting the thread discourages people from getting involved in controversial issues as they're likely to just get deleted.
  2. A while back, we had a similar thing happen with some loser named Martik. Ruby figured it out, the site came together beautifully, and I think in many ways that was our finest hour, but the whole thread was deleted. At the time I agreed that it was probably the best route just because Martik was so obviously in the wrong, but for we could have just linked David Pi to that thread as a way to explain the site's position. He would still have complained that the situations weren't exactly the same, but it would have skipped a lot of rehashing.

Since the Martik example wasn't the first nor the most recent, we can assume it'll probably happen again. We should keep this site alive to point to for future instances.

Andrew Lee

#36 Post by Andrew Lee »

People, please keep politics out of this. :D

Anyway, I think we did our best in upholding what we believe in (removing offending links and stating our official position). And I thank David Pi for presenting his point of view and partaking in some spirited discussion, some of which I can understand, having followed the "shanzai" culture in China for awhile now via Wired and other sources.

I am with webfork on this one. I think we should keep this thread for reference sake so that we don't have to go through the whole discussion again but can just refer to it when a similar situation pops up. All these keystrokes and bandwidth gone to waste! Unthinkable!