No more updates on the front page?

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
billon

No more updates on the front page?

#1 Post by billon »

@Andrew Lee:

For two(?) days, updates are not shows in "Recent Forum Posts", "Recent Comments" and "Recent Updates" on the right side of front page.
In "Recent Forum Posts" last is "Setup with Truecrypt and VMware", in "Recent Comments" is by Mixture for "TheSage" and in "Recent Updates" - "HTTPNetworkSniffer" from 10 Apr.
As you can see, there was newer forum posts, updated programs and entries' comments (not sure about last - how did you know, if there are new comments, if they just not updated? But my test comments not displayed on fist page for sure).
What happened?

webfork

Re: No more updates on the front page?

#2 Post by webfork »

What happened?
You're not alone on this. I've contacted Andrew about it.

billon

#3 Post by billon »

This happening again? :evil:

__philippe

#4 Post by __philippe »

Yep, noticed that too... :roll:

Front page right-column "Recent Posts | Comments | Updates" highlights stopped appearing between 17-APR-2107 (from about 13:00 CET)
until 18-APR-2017 (about righ now 14:50), when a slew of update highlights did eventually turn up again.

Looks like recurring hiccups, of late...?

Andrew Lee

#5 Post by Andrew Lee »

As I explained to webfork, this is related to the check I added recently to prevent two instances of the maintenance job from running at the same time.

The two day of MIA was first brought to my attention by webfork via a PM, so I added some extra debug statements to the script, and started monitoring the situation on a daily basis.

The second MIA ("17-APR-2107 (from about 13:00 CET) until 18-APR-2017 (about righ now 14:50)") was spotted more quickly during the daily check and quickly rectified. More debug statements were added to hopefully help in nailing down the issue.

That's where we're at so far...

billon

#6 Post by billon »

again

Andrew Lee

#7 Post by Andrew Lee »

Noticed and remedied. I check this daily now, so any problems are caught sooner.

I think I have a clue of what's causing this intermittent problem. I'm still thinking of a way to fix it...