Very Hard to register on forum

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
realmeteo2

Very Hard to register on forum

#1 Post by realmeteo2 »

Hello to all...
finally i register my account , and was very hard !!!!

Then in FAQ an info tel if can't register, contact us ...but contact link is not present!!!
Then spam ask me who has designerd web site.... how to know? Google has answer: tproli !!!
Then my email result already registered.. but if I ask at password forget page with this email, ask me that email is not present....

very very hard...!!!

So, I have account, then wait 7 dais, and I will submit my own portable app: http://www.realmeteo.com/public/RealMet ... le_ENG.asp

Best regards
Luciano (RealMeteo inventory and developer)

joby_toss

Re: Very Hard to register on forum

#2 Post by joby_toss »

I'm sorry for your trouble, but we had our share also...

But didn't you already have an account?
http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... le&u=41845

And a topic?
http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... =2&t=20538

realmeteo2

#3 Post by realmeteo2 »

yes....
sorry
my co worker tried to publish Realmeteo portable :D
... there is no way to add portable Realmeteo to your website?
It require registration but is freeware and portable.

Many thanks

joby_toss

#4 Post by joby_toss »

You can add it to TPFC database for yourself: http://www.portablefreeware.com/faq.php#addapp
EULA wrote:REALMETEO 6 is a software developed from REALMETEO association. As shown in statute:
- PROFESSIONAL USE IS ALLOWED AT ASSOCIATION MEMBERSS WITH THE RULE IN REALMETEO FEE
- NO-PROFIT UE IS ALLOWED TO ACCREDITED MEMBERS
- PERSONAL USE IS ALLOWED FOR FREE, BUT SUBJECT TO RESTRICTIONS OF FUNCTIONS, AND DISPLAY OF ADVERTISING IMAGES
- REALMETEO 6 USE INTERNET EXPLORER DLL'S. SO CLOSE I.E. AND USE IF NEED AN ALTERNATIVE BROWSER (FIREFOX OR CROME) TOGETHER REALMETEO 6
I tried it (v6.1.1) and it is portable, but I have no use for it, sorry (I'm nobody, so it shouldn't matter anyway).

webfork

#5 Post by webfork »

finally i register my account , and was very hard !!!!
There's a balance we have to strike between so easy we have to spend 50% of our time fighting spammers and too hard where we discourage involvement. I'll review our current procedure with some friends and see if we're not being too restrictive.

Any recently registered users are welcome to chime in here.

HairyPorter

#6 Post by HairyPorter »

webfork wrote:Any recently registered users are welcome to chime in here.
It would help if the registration page could be more explicit, eg. "Session Cookies have to be allowed before registration can be successfully submitted." -- either upfront on the form (before submission), or after encountering submission failure.

My browser is set to reject cookies not in my whitelist, so my initial submissions were rejected. I received the following (misleading) error messages, even though the form was fully filled-in & my answer to the anti-spam question is correct.
  • 1st Attempt: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again."
  • 2nd Attempt: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again. You have provided an invalid answer to the question."

Andrew Lee

#7 Post by Andrew Lee »

It would help if the registration page could be more explicit, eg. "Session Cookies have to be allowed before registration can be successfully submitted." -- either upfront on the form (before submission), or after encountering submission failure.
Noted! Will add this info to registration page.

[EDIT] Info has been added to registration page.