Plea to site admins -- create watch list

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
stisev

Plea to site admins -- create watch list

#1 Post by stisev »

Hi guys,
Absolutely love your site! Well done and I will continue to advertise to all my friends (techy or non-techy).

I tried doing a forum search, but couldn't find this suggestion. Fileforum/betanews has a feature where you can "watch" for updates to a file and get notification if there is an update either by email OR custom RSS entry.

I use your site RSS already, but wouldn't it be great if we could get a custom entry for just updates to the files we want :)

tactictoe

Re: Plea to site admins -- create watch list

#2 Post by tactictoe »

Did you check MANAGE subscription into the control panel of the member?
Usercontrol panel.png
Usercontrol panel.png (7.23 KiB) Viewed 8786 times
Usercontrol panel.ico.png
Most of the of the software published have their respective topics in the forum. Updates are usually announce there too.

Otherwise you could download the dump of the database from time to time and check for the product you like. I am not sure but I guess this dumps is a daily one.

Database dump link: http://www.portablefreeware.com/dump.php. The database dump is in the CSV format. To download it, you need to be logged in with an account that has the privilege to insert new programs into the database (registered for at least one day + not banned). It does not contain a field for date of last update or actual version (wondering why), but its rather complete.

tactictoe

#3 Post by tactictoe »

@stisev I am in the process of creating a software that will permit what you ask and more.
Topics here: http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... =1&t=22504

If you like the idea let me know in the topic mentioned above.

SYSTEM

#4 Post by SYSTEM »

stisev wrote:Hi guys,
Absolutely love your site! Well done and I will continue to advertise to all my friends (techy or non-techy).

I tried doing a forum search, but couldn't find this suggestion. Fileforum/betanews has a feature where you can "watch" for updates to a file and get notification if there is an update either by email OR custom RSS entry.

I use your site RSS already, but wouldn't it be great if we could get a custom entry for just updates to the files we want :)
Hi stisev, and welcome to TPFC. :)

You have a personal "favorites list": http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.p ... Bstisev%5D. You can add a program to the list with the "This app rocks!" button at the left side of the database entry. Then you can check your favorites list from time to time: it shows the latest updates first by default.
tactictoe wrote:Otherwise you could download the dump of the database from time to time and check for the product you like. I am not sure but I guess this dumps is a daily one.
The dump isn't cached: the server generates it whenever someone wants to download it. In other words, it always has the latest data.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

tactictoe

#5 Post by tactictoe »

The dump isn't cached: the server generates it whenever someone wants to download it. In other words, it always has the latest data.
Good to know thanks, :D