New designs for TPFC by tproli

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
HairyPorter

Re: Reverse TPFC PageTitle Sequence for Better Visibility

#481 Post by HairyPorter » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:39 am

shnbwmn wrote:@HairyPorter
Thank you for making these suggestions, and so clearly too. I think it's something a lot of people (myself included) may have at some point been annoyed by, however I for one never thought of making a post about it. Thanks again :)
You're welcome, but there's no need to thank me actually.

Surely PageTitle sequence can be as moveable as the portable software discussed at TPFC Forum ? Or at least this is my layperson's understanding (or misunderstanding). :D

Andrew Lee

#482 Post by Andrew Lee » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:36 pm

HairyPorter wrote:This topic is often mentioned with solutions at the phpBB Support Forum itself, while a method is also posted in its Knowledge Base documentation -- see below. None mentioned any incompatibility with phpBB code version upgrades.
Thanks for your research on this matter. It is consistent with what my earlier findings, which is the modification of 2 core PHP files "viewtopic.php" and "viewforum.php".

However, seeing that others have gone down the same route, and as you mentioned with no upgrade compatibility issues reported, I have made the necessary code changes.

HairyPorter

#483 Post by HairyPorter » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:18 am

Andrew Lee wrote:However, seeing that others have gone down the same route, and as you mentioned with no upgrade compatibility issues reported, I have made the necessary code changes.
Thanks Andrew ! As of the 1st (lucky) Friday the 13th of 2017 (13 Jan 2017), TPFC is fully tab & history friendly now. :D