[Launcher] Foxit Reader

Share, discuss and debug ready-made JauntePE launchers for non-portable applications.
Andrew Lee

[Launcher] Foxit Reader

#1 Post by Andrew Lee »

OK, here's a JauntePE launcher created for Foxit Reader.

Simply download the ZIP package and extract to a folder of your choice. The folder structure is as follows:

Code: Select all

App\
Data\
jauntePE.dll
Foxit Reader.exe
Foxit Reader_jauntePE.ini
Then download Foxit Reader and extract its contents to the "App" subfolder. Finally launch "Foxit Reader.exe" in the root folder (not the "App" subfolder).

"Foxit Reader.exe" was created using JPE Builder in 0.3.0 Alpha B14 (using the "Normal2" config). The version info was then replaced with the one in the original EXE using Resource Hacker. I also hand-edited the generated INI file slightly to suit my own taste.

I am sure the INI file can be further optimized (isolate the reg paths used by Foxit Reader), but I find that the default config works well enough, so I didn't bother.

30 Dec 2010: Updated with new 0.5.1 JPE runtime DLL.
Last edited by Andrew Lee on Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

GeddichNixan

#2 Post by GeddichNixan »

Thanks for the launchers Andrew.

Those of us who can not use JauntePE will be greatful users of them, those who are not yet that familiar with the program can learn a lot by analizing the structure and the INI.

May I suggest that you and the other future posters of launchers mark postings of launchers with a JPE in the header, so interested visitors of the site can see right in the list of recent postings that the posting concerns JauntePE and not only the app to be "jaunteized" (hey, that sounds better and better to me ;-)

Greetings and thanks again

GeddichNixan

#3 Post by GeddichNixan »

Thanks for the change Andrew. That was what I meant.