JauntePE is Dead.

Share, discuss and debug ready-made JauntePE launchers for non-portable applications.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
loin2kolpotoru
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:20 am

JauntePE is Dead.

#1 Post by loin2kolpotoru » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:41 am

I am sad that such a good program is dead & this is open source software but the source code is not available for anyone else can takeover the project & continue development.

User avatar
SYSTEM
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:19 am
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Re: JauntePE is Dead.

#2 Post by SYSTEM » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:40 am

Latest source code is at http://sourceforge.net/p/jauntepe/code/.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 12th playlist: November 1, 2018

User avatar
guinness
Posts: 4118
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:00 am
Contact:

Re: JauntePE is Dead.

#3 Post by guinness » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:13 am

Who said that development had stopped?
Added 179 Applications: Portable

User avatar
Midas
Posts: 4358
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:09 am
Location: Sol3

Re: JauntePE pointers

#4 Post by Midas » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:30 am

Awareness should be raised that although JauntPE has pretty much been dormant as a project, it is not by any means dead.

The latest version (0.60 Nightly) and its source code are at the project's page at Sourceforge:
http://jauntepe.sourceforge.net/

A previous site by Cronixx[005] (with other versions, articles and tutorials) is still at http://sites.google.com/site/jauntepe/latestnews -- although the main page there now redirects to Sourceforge.

Besides the TPFC dedicated area, an user forum is also available @ http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/jauntepe/.

Further highlights: See also input by SYSTEM @ http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... 131#p39131 and the topic @ http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... php?t=5045.

User avatar
loin2kolpotoru
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:20 am

Re: JauntePE is Dead.

#5 Post by loin2kolpotoru » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:14 am

SYSTEM wrote:Latest source code is at http://sourceforge.net/p/jauntepe/code/.
The source code is not found in the usual location -
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jauntepe/files
so i said that the source code is not available. But thank you for
showing the correct location.

User avatar
loin2kolpotoru
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:20 am

Re: JauntePE is Dead.

#6 Post by loin2kolpotoru » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:19 am

guinness wrote:Who said that development had stopped?
If the development is not stopped then why nothing new is released since 2011. Where is the original developer dissipated ? And no longer anyone discusses much about JauntePE on this forum or on the official forum?

User avatar
loin2kolpotoru
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:20 am

Re: JauntePE pointers

#7 Post by loin2kolpotoru » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:28 am

Midas wrote:Awareness should be raised that although JauntPE has pretty much been dormant as a project, it is not by any means dead.

The latest version (0.60 Nightly) and its source code are at the project's page at Sourceforge:
http://jauntepe.sourceforge.net/

A previous site by Cronixx[005] (with other versions, articles and tutorials) is still at http://sites.google.com/site/jauntepe/latestnews -- although the main page there now redirects to Sourceforge.

Besides the TPFC dedicated area, an user forum is also available @ http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/jauntepe/.

Further highlights: See also input by SYSTEM @ http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... 131#p39131 and the topic @ http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... php?t=5045.
All the links You reffed to are old mostly older then 2011 where is anything new and 64 bit support is announced but where is the 64 bit file that i can download.

User avatar
Midas
Posts: 4358
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:09 am
Location: Sol3

Re: JauntePE pointers

#8 Post by Midas » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:01 am

loin2kolpotoru wrote:No longer anyone discusses much about JauntePE on this forum or on the official forum?
TPFC is known to harbor a pack of very cool, but rather detached, cats. Plus, JauntPE is not your run-of-the-mill freeware offering, it takes some hardcore tech-fu to even grasp its intricacies... :mrgreen:
loin2kolpotoru wrote:All the links You reffed to are old mostly older then 2011 where is anything new and 64 bit support is announced but where is the 64 bit file that i can download.
IMHO, Redlar lost interest in JaunPE, given all the historic mishaps and the fact that he worked at it all alone for a couple of years -- sadly, we have to take notice that, to this day, nobody showed up to take his place.

That is not to say that JauntPE is dead, because whatever he achieved persists and is freely available, as is the prospect of further development. As we're talking about a rather unique piece of code (the closest thing we have to a freeware system virtualizer), that means a lot, if only I say so...

Post Reply