Add function implemented

Changes, updates etc. related to this website will be posted here.
m^(2)

Re: Add function implemented

#31 Post by m^(2) »

Andrew Lee wrote:
m^(2) wrote:Strange. My previous post shows quotes correctly now, but this one doesn't.
Click "User Control Panel" at the top-right, under "Board Preferences, Edit posting defaults", make sure "Enable BBCode by default" is set to "Yes".
Yes, I have it enabled in settings..But when I'm posting it's off.

Andrew Lee

#32 Post by Andrew Lee »

joby_toss wrote:Why does my name appear twice in QZoom's rating? I might have rated it twice (I can't remember) but shouldn't be a way to prevent this behavior?
Fixed! Because that app was suggested by you as well, the extra rating sneaked it during my last fixup. There was another entry with the same problem which I have also fixed.

And I put in a DB constraint to make sure duplicate user id, software id pairs cannot occur in the score table, so it shouldn't happen again.

Thanks for pointing it out to me!

Andrew Lee

#33 Post by Andrew Lee »

m^(2) wrote:Yes, I have it enabled in settings..But when I'm posting it's off.
Any phpBB expert with suggestions to offer?

I tried it with my own settings, and it works ok. When I disable it in user control panel, bbcode is disabled when I post. When I enable it, bbcode is enabled as expected.

What could be wrong?

guinness

#34 Post by guinness »

It's a vain question but what's the difference between R4 and R5, because you explained the difference between R1 and R2.

Also it would be ideal to have a filter to show those apps that have been added but are below the 10 rating. I find using [@] brilliant but with the magnitude of updates those apps that are new an become lost.

And it's a cosmetic bug but would it be possible at some point to change APPNAME.EXE to lowercase.

joby_toss

#35 Post by joby_toss »

Interesting issue encountered: while I was making a submission ( http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1539 ) I've noticed that the formating for text inputs in different fields may be different but may not be changed (font and size)? Is there a way to force all fields to have same font and font size? I don't like how that post looks but I can't change font now.

guinness

#36 Post by guinness »

Yeh I find that a problem too and normally copy into Notepad to remove formatting.

Andrew Lee

#37 Post by Andrew Lee »

guinness wrote:It's a vain question but what's the difference between R4 and R5, because you explained the difference between R1 and R2.
Every 50 posts in the forum is +1, and every 2 apps you submit that becomes "public" is also +1, so R4 or R5 means you have accumulated 4 or 5 of such "points".
guinness wrote:Also it would be ideal to have a filter to show those apps that have been added but are below the 10 rating. I find using [@] brilliant but with the magnitude of updates those apps that are new an become lost.
I will be working on an "search options" page that will, among other things, let you display only new entries.
guinness wrote:And it's a cosmetic bug but would it be possible at some point to change APPNAME.EXE to lowercase.
It's not a cosmetic bug! The ALLCAPS is intended to remind the member to change it to something that makes sense.

Andrew Lee

#38 Post by Andrew Lee »

joby_toss wrote:Interesting issue encountered: while I was making a submission ( http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1539 ) I've noticed that the formating for text inputs in different fields may be different but may not be changed (font and size)? Is there a way to force all fields to have same font and font size? I don't like how that post looks but I can't change font now.
I have added some rules to make sure that only certain HTML tags are accepted, so hopefully this wouldn't be a problem anymore.

portackager

#39 Post by portackager »

That's awesome news!

freakazoid

#40 Post by freakazoid »

Andrew,

I have a suggestion.

For the person who added the entry, can you link their username to their list of favorites?
I think this would make things easier than having to type in the square brackets and the username.

donald

#41 Post by donald »

I have a suggestion for the potential benefit of Andrew. (I hope it does make less work for you Andrew.)

A number of new posts are showing up that are just one or two lines long.
EG:http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... hp?p=20383

Quote guinness
Post subject: AppRemover
Added To TPFC: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1563 Last bumped by guinness on Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:32 am.

These new posts announce the private entry of an application to the database.

Since this is different from a normal submission, and will have no relative importance after the application is accepted, or rejected, many perhaps most will eventually be deleted.

A special forum or sub-forum, could allow these types of posts to be held in one spot from which outdated posts might be more easily deleted.

guinness

#42 Post by guinness »

Whoops! I only did that because I still think some people are unaware of the [@] search function. What I was going to do was delete once the application had been added.

Also is this correct, if I add an application and someone updates it then shouldn't it say "Suggested by ME - Updated by You" because at the moment it simply shows "Added by Me" until someone changes the entry then it shows "Updated by You" with no reference to who added it, but if I add my name to the Suggested by: field then everything is okay (which it says don't do)

Andrew Lee

#43 Post by Andrew Lee »

Also is this correct, if I add an application and someone updates it then shouldn't it say "Suggested by ME - Updated by You" because at the moment it simply shows "Added by Me" until someone changes the entry then it shows "Updated by You" with no reference to who added it, but if I add my name to the Suggested by: field then everything is okay (which it says don't do)
I will make the "suggested" field default to the submitter's username then.

joby_toss

#44 Post by joby_toss »

Would it be possible to have an optional field called "Observations" or "Additional notes" or something else, hidden by default (expandable) like "Whats new" field, where we could post some info that doesn't fit into other categories, like TPFC forum discussion links or download links for additional stuff not essential for the application but useful or some other tips&tricks for that particular submission?

Andrew Lee wrote:
guinness wrote: Also it would be ideal to have a filter to show those apps that have been added but are below the 10 rating. I find using [@] brilliant but with the magnitude of updates those apps that are new an become lost.
I will be working on an "search options" page that will, among other things, let you display only new entries.
I look forward to that!

Andrew Lee

#45 Post by Andrew Lee »

Would it be possible to have an optional field called "Observations" or "Additional notes" or something else, hidden by default (expandable) like "Whats new" field, where we could post some info that doesn't fit into other categories, like TPFC forum discussion links or download links for additional stuff not essential for the application but useful or some other tips&tricks for that particular submission?
Can't we use the "comments" section for that?