"About" page updated

Changes, updates etc. related to this website will be posted here.
Andrew Lee

"About" page updated

#1 Post by Andrew Lee »

I have updated the About page in order to clarify my views on what is "portable" and what is "freeware". Your comments are welcomed.

I have also updated the instructions in the "Post your comment" section to remind posters to use the "Portable Freeware Discussion" forum for broader topics which are not application specific.

Nomad CF

#2 Post by Nomad CF »

From the about page :
It must not have any coupling with Internet Explorer, audio/video codecs, DirectX etc.
So does this mean things like Maxthon,Crazy Browser, etc will be removed from the portablefreeware DB. Or will they just be "flagged" some how to show that they are completely with in the TPFC requirements ?

Andrew Lee

#3 Post by Andrew Lee »

Read it again. After that, I said:
I say this is an ideal definition because very few programs meet all the above requirements. If I were to stick to all these rules, the database probably won't be very useful, at least to me. And not everybody agrees that all these requirements are equally important or necessary. So I have decided that quite simply, the apps in the database are what I, Andrew Lee, consider to be portable. I will write up as much as I can about each app (dependencies, settings location, access rights, stealth etc.), and you decide for yourself whether it is portable.