Latest news

Changes, updates etc. related to this website will be posted here.
Andrew Lee

Latest news

#1 Post by Andrew Lee »

I apologise for the lack of activity on the site for the past week. A combination of work and health problems has slowed things down for me tremendously. I will try to get back to speed as soon as possible.

Likely Fluffy, AlephX has found a day job, and won't have as much time to contribute to this site as before. I would like to thank him for his contribution so far, and wish him every success in his new job!

nycjv321

#2 Post by nycjv321 »

Dont worry about the website, your health is what is more important.
Hope you get better

Simon.T

#3 Post by Simon.T »

nycjv321 wrote:Dont worry about the website, your health is what is more important.
Hope you get better
true true... :D
Andrew Lee wrote:Likely Fluffy, AlephX has found a day job, and won't have as much time to contribute to this site as before. I would like to thank him for his contribution so far, and wish him every success in his new job!
so who will be contribute to TPFC as a Moderator?

Simon.T

#4 Post by Simon.T »

Darkbee, I don't see you much
Fluffy, Job... Dekibulle Audio Player RocketDock - revisited GAME - ActionCube (Ego-shooter)
AlephX, A Day Job...

I bet on 2 more new moderators teobromina (CryptEdit rtf editor), Firewrath (JauntePE Discussion) ...who knows?

Andrew Lee

#5 Post by Andrew Lee »

so who will be contribute to TPFC as a Moderator?
I will still contribute, just that I am a little overwhelmed at the moment by events. Things should return to normal in due course.

Any recommendations for new database moderators?

Simon.T

#6 Post by Simon.T »

First of all, it will not be me (not at this days at least) I'm just a silly clown at TPFC, maybe after I'll get my degree at law... maybe
about the "Any recommendations..." what do you mean, people will just propose them self, or you (and the other moderators) will ask some of the users about it?

teobromina

#7 Post by teobromina »

I whish Andrew the best. :roll:
Simon.T wrote: I bet on 2 more new moderators teobromina (CryptEdit rtf editor), Firewrath (JauntePE Discussion) ...who knows?
Simon, It is very kind from your side to say that. But... please consider:
-I do not have any idea about how to do it, in that hypotetical case (this is probably easy to overcome)
-I love the subject of the site, in fact it is the subject of my personal page, but I have to recognize that I am still contributing to the site in an irregular way; I would like to solve some prioritary matters and dedicate more time to give (and not only to take and discuss).
-My point of view will be always the point of view of an user, not an expert, because my education is not related to computers or programming; I just try and sometimes find something useful, but refuse the command-line and sophisticated things.

*JT.

cmmehl

#8 Post by cmmehl »

My sympathies to Andrew and I hope it's soon over - whatever it is.

As what concerns me, I can't volunteer (I know, I haven't even been suggested, but I'd like to help out if possible) - too much work to systematically test suggested apps for complete portability.

But I have another suggestion, as seen in another forum dealing with free software and which might help to reduce the workload to the moderators. There, users can "adopt" one or more programs and are then in charge to keep the record updated. It's usually the one who submits a program, but can also be others for older entries.

Admittedly, the system differs inasmuch as there the versions are just mentioned in the thread header. I don't know if it's possible for a database to provide limited access just for the purpose of updating.

Should such a system be adopted, I will gladly take care about a few progs.

Cheers
Chris

Andrew Lee

#9 Post by Andrew Lee »

But I have another suggestion, as seen in another forum dealing with free software and which might help to reduce the workload to the moderators. There, users can "adopt" one or more programs and are then in charge to keep the record updated. It's usually the one who submits a program, but can also be others for older entries.
Nah, too much work there. I prefer to rely on the "PFC Update" forum for this.

Thanks for all your well wishes, but don't read too much into my message. It's just the normal ebb and flow of life.

I posted the message just in case some of you are wondering whether I have been hit by a car or something. :D

nunz

Call me if you need help

#10 Post by nunz »

.. like many I don't have a lot of time but am a fan of your site.

If you have a specific job or set of jobs you need done I am pretty adept at most DB, web and other dev work (java, php, html, js, dot net, vb, vba, sql, linux and windows).

Shane

LzBy1

Willing and partially able

#11 Post by LzBy1 »

I really like that idea however I agree with Andrew. The update forum is the easier rout and for the most part, those who summit applications can "adopt" the programs they submit, more or less, in that they can submit the update in a forum. The adoption program relies on a lot of contributers that are frequently active and committed to their applications. Sounds like herding cats to me.

Also, I am willing and partially able to help. Although it would be cool to be a moderator for such an awesome site, there are others here that have been members longer that would be better suited, but I am willing to help in whatever ways I can. I'm a college student, so I have plenty of time, but absolutely no money. :cry: haha

Let me know...