Bad news

Changes, updates etc. related to this website will be posted here.
Andrew Lee

Bad news

#1 Post by Andrew Lee »

I screwed up big time when working on the server to upgrade the code. As a result, the icons and screenshots of hundreds of apps were deleted.

So I should have a backup, right? Yes I do. But to my horrors, I found that there was an undetected problem in the backup script, so not all the icons and screenshots were backed up.

Frantically, I started work on restoring files from the backup. After the dust cleared, there were still some 80+ apps without icons and screenshots.

Well, I will just have to recover them the hard way i.e. recreating them by hand.

You bet the problem with the backup script has been corrected, so it should never happen again. Ever.

My head hurts.

Andrew Lee

#2 Post by Andrew Lee »

All icons and screenshots have been restored.

Thanks to AlephX for his help!

nunz

Re: Bad news

#3 Post by nunz »

What OS are you working on / Serving on?

Andrew Lee wrote:I screwed up big time when working on the server to upgrade the code. As a result, the icons and screenshots of hundreds of apps were deleted.

So I should have a backup, right? Yes I do. But to my horrors, I found that there was an undetected problem in the backup script, so not all the icons and screenshots were backed up.

Frantically, I started work on restoring files from the backup. After the dust cleared, there were still some 80+ apps without icons and screenshots.

Well, I will just have to recover them the hard way i.e. recreating them by hand.

You bet the problem with the backup script has been corrected, so it should never happen again. Ever.

My head hurts.

portackager

#4 Post by portackager »

Glad it worked out.

Just curious.. How much space does that take up?

Andrew Lee

#5 Post by Andrew Lee »

The icons and screenshots occupy about 50MB.