Freak (developed due to PortableFreeware feedback)

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
Emka

Re: Freak (developed due to PortableFreeware feedback)

#61 Post by Emka »

I switched from urlfilter.ini to the AdBlock extension, which blocked ads very well but made startup and scrolling quite sluggish. Now I have switched back to the very outdated urlfilter.ini. Since it cannot always do its job appropriately, I am looking for an alternative. Is there another, an updated urlfilter.ini somewhere out there? Or which extension would you recommend? Regional and tracking lists would be good, but I don't want my dear old Opera 12 (can't do without the built-in mail client yet) to slow down.

SYSTEM

#62 Post by SYSTEM »

Emka wrote:Regional and tracking lists would be good, but I don't want my dear old Opera 12 (can't do without the built-in mail client yet) to slow down.
Offtopic: I use SeaMonkey, Portable Edition that also has a built-in email client. SeaMonkey is not as good as Opera 12, but at least it's still being developed.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

guinness

#63 Post by guinness »

I could send you an Alpha version of Freak that will update your HOSTS file for malicious ads.

Emka

#64 Post by Emka »

Guinness, or you could tell me where to get up-to-date HOSTS files, I would even download them manually.

guinness

#65 Post by guinness »

Just search the Internet is my advice, don't forget when you merge to remove duplicates and optimise the HOSTS file by placing a max of 9 HOSTS per line. Good luck!

Anyone else though who wants to help me in testing the next version of Freak just PM, as this is the intentions of this thread.

Emka

#66 Post by Emka »

If you need testers, you can still send me an Alpha version.

guinness

#67 Post by guinness »

Emka wrote:If you need testers, you can still send me an Alpha version.
Thanks.