DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
hitnrun30

Re: DropIt

#1321 Post by hitnrun30 »

Lupo73 wrote:@SAMARSH: if someone would like to collaborate to the code, we could consider to implement sequential/multiple actions.

@hitnrun30: I fixed it in the following pre-release. Let me know.

@tproli: I fixed it. Now double quotes are not automatically added and %File% is automatically added only if "FixOpenWithDestination" option is True (default value).

Here the updated version:
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... rtable.zip
That did it

hitnrun30

#1322 Post by hitnrun30 »

Ok I have a new one, that I think is needed as a feature. I have been in contact with the team but am I just not setting something up right or is it a feature.

My test is I put one file in the monitored folder

C:\Temp\Download

and the exact same file here

C:\Temp\Download\Temp\Temp

The association will run on the one on C:\Temp\Download, but not on the other file.

I would like to have monitoring of a folder and its subfolders, is that possible?

Lupo73

#1323 Post by Lupo73 »

@SAMARSH: it works on my computer, can you verify it with the last beta version above?

@tproli: %DropItDir% abbreviation added (but not in frontend yet), while I'll add the absolute path conversion modifier soon:

@hitnrun30: you could enable "Scan subfolders and not try to process them" from Options to do it

tproli

#1324 Post by tproli »

@Lupo73
%DropItDir% - Great, thanks!

hitnrun30

#1325 Post by hitnrun30 »

Lupo73 wrote:@SAMARSH: it works on my computer, can you verify it with the last beta version above?

@tproli: %DropItDir% abbreviation added (but not in frontend yet), while I'll add the absolute path conversion modifier soon:

@hitnrun30: you could enable "Scan subfolders and not try to process them" from Options to do it
I did do that, it didn't work

wixar172

#1326 Post by wixar172 »

Hello,

i would like to use dropit to automate picture manipulation using photoshop, the process is simple, monitor a folder and whenever a new file is added use the the open with action. the only issue i am facing is that the action runs on all the files in that folder and not the newly added files, how can i manage to do it? i tried to use the filters but that doesn't seem to work.

any help would be appreciated.

SAMARSH

#1327 Post by SAMARSH »

wixar172, in the Association, click the additional filters icon in field 2. Tick the second “Date created” rule, then select “< 60 seconds” if you wished to process files added in the last minute. This of course presumes that the file properties/created value is in the last 60 seconds!

You may also have to look into Options/Monitoring tab and adjust the time interval to suit, such as 30 seconds.

I too had issues with getting only “new” files to process (and not old), until I could setup the appropriate variables. The monitored folder has to be checked often enough to pickup new files and the association filter has to know what constitutes a “new” file. I believe that one has to have both of these options setup to work successfully.

Hope this helps!

romulous

#1328 Post by romulous »

I was wondering if it would be possible to speed-up the loading of DropIt? It is a bit slow to start-up on my system (subsequent start-up's don't seem to be really any faster, which is odd as I would have thought the process would have been cached after the first run).

romulous

SAMARSH

#1329 Post by SAMARSH »

Lupo73 wrote:@SAMARSH: it works on my computer, can you verify it with the last beta version above?
Lupo, It appears to work with 8.1.2, when it didn’t with 8.1.0.

bensondaled

#1330 Post by bensondaled »

Wondering whether there is a solution for the following: I'd like to set the behavior when encountering duplicates to be specific to each association. Right now it appears to be only a global behavior set under the main options menu. It would be useful, for example, if one association could overwrite when encountering duplicates, while another could rename when encountering duplicates.

Any ideas?

Simplicity

#1331 Post by Simplicity »

I have to say, this is a solid program. Kudos! I was curious, is it possible to have Dropit connect to an ftp server and download files to a specific directory? Every so often, I will get a file from a client or photos of possible work sites, yet it becomes a chore to have to log into each different server (many clients that are particular about the service that they use) and download the most recent files over and over. Does Dropit support this function? I know there is an option to upload, but curious about downloading.

Thanks!

SAMARSH

#1332 Post by SAMARSH »

bensondaled wrote:Wondering whether there is a solution for the following: I'd like to set the behavior when encountering duplicates to be specific to each association. Right now it appears to be only a global behavior set under the main options menu. It would be useful, for example, if one association could overwrite when encountering duplicates, while another could rename when encountering duplicates.

Any ideas?
Put the associations into a specific Profile, then contextual right click on the program icon. Select Profiles/Customize then contextual right click and select “Options: Use automatic choice for duplicates” and change it.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by SAMARSH on Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

SAMARSH

#1333 Post by SAMARSH »

Simplicity wrote:I have to say, this is a solid program. Kudos! I was curious, is it possible to have Dropit connect to an ftp server and download files to a specific directory? Every so often, I will get a file from a client or photos of possible work sites, yet it becomes a chore to have to log into each different server (many clients that are particular about the service that they use) and download the most recent files over and over. Does Dropit support this function? I know there is an option to upload, but curious about downloading.

Thanks!
I am guessing here, but If your FTP app will accept command line parameters, then you could get DropIt to run a .bat script.

angerthosenear

Feature Request: RegEx destination

#1334 Post by angerthosenear »

I'm mirroring this from the sourceforge page which seems out of use now.

Would it be possible to allow RegEx for the destination folder? Apply RegEx to the %FileName% for instance to generate the folder destination. In my case, my rule is to just match *.mkv which is easy enough. But the destination I want would be determined by RegEx on the filename.

For instance I would like my destination folder to be:
%FileName%/(?<=(?:]|))\s)(?![|.).+?(?=\s?-?\s?(?:\d)*\s?(?:[|())/
(or however your would handle destination with RegEx)

In the instance of multiple matches for a single file, can take the first match.

This way Things with multiple episodes get auto sorted into a magically created folder.

Here is a really long link to show what part of the filename I'd like to go to the destination.
http://pythex.org/?regex=(%3F%3C%3D(%3F ... &verbose=0

Lupo73

#1335 Post by Lupo73 »

I released a new minor update with some fixes and improvements (some of them discussed here):
http://www.dropitproject.com/

@angerthosenear: I may consider to add an abbreviation modifier to fully support regex. At the moment you could try to do something with available modifiers:
http://www.dropitproject.com/dokuwiki/d ... reviations