DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
romulous

Re: DropIt

#1261 Post by romulous »

@Lupo - Yes, the select action does work, it was just that the TC tooltips were obscuring the list of associations I could select from. Anyway, I updated my 6.1 to 7.0, and thus far, am unable to reproduce the problem.

carolinne

How to import a .csv in Dropit and using ^regular expression

#1262 Post by carolinne »

Hi

Thank you for this cute program, it's a good idea.

I've downloaded version 7 and I would like to use it to sort many files (4000). I will need to create a lot of rules (500-1000). So I was thinking to create a csv file (and using copy/paste and Regular Expressions).

2 questions:
I can't figure out how to import the csv. I see only "Export". Where should I look for it?
And when I use ^ (RegEx begin of string) no sorting happens* and when I remove the ^, then it works (while RegEx is set "True")

Thanks in advance
Carolinne
Windows Vista
:oops:

Lupo73

#1263 Post by Lupo73 »

The beta of the next release 7.1 is available for tests:
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... rtable.zip

This is the list of changes:
- improved support to multiple monitors
- added "ProductName" and "Rating" abbreviations
- added "Split" and "Join" actions
- added profile name to the Processing window
- added support to auto-hide target image on the nearest side (auto-detected)
- added support to define the visible pixels of the target image when hidden (read 4.4 of the Guide)
- added support to enable/disable profile switching with mouse scroll wheel
- updated the internal tool to manage SFTP connections (PSFTP v0.63)
- fixed "Open With" action if "Ignore files if in use by other programs" is enabled
- fixed automatic correction of invalid characters in abbreviations
- fixed issue with standby/hibernation when DropIt is minimized
- fixed support to compress in Store level
- fixed some minor bugs

Let me know if you like new features :)

muro

#1264 Post by muro »

virus total says. DropIT 7.1 with a virus.
can check yourself. https://www.virustotal.com/

StarMan

Move Profiles

#1265 Post by StarMan »

In what folder are the profiles located? I would like to move DropIt to another PC and don't want to have to rekey the associations.

muro

Re: Move Profiles

#1266 Post by muro »

StarMan wrote:In what folder are the profiles located? I would like to move DropIt to another PC and don't want to have to rekey the associations.
1) Options -> Other -> backup settings
or
2) folder, where located Dropit

3) :roll: :D

Lupo73

#1267 Post by Lupo73 »

@muro: thanks for the report, I already sent the file to Avast and waiting that they will fix the false positive. If you could help me to report the false positive to the others, otherwise I'll try to send it by myself as soon as possible.

@StarMan: if you use the installed version, settings are in Windows folder for settings (Documents and Settings, AppData)

muro

#1268 Post by muro »

leram84

#1269 Post by leram84 »

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to remove the "Estimated long processing time" "You are trying to process a large size of files (# GB) It may take a long time, do you wish to continue?" nag screen!! What is the point of an app that automatically moves files from one folder to another if it needs to ask your permission every time it does?? There must be a way to turn this off?

Lupo73

#1270 Post by Lupo73 »

I'll need to send the final version to all them before the release.. a possible reason is that I moved to the last AutoIt version, but it is new and compiled code is detected as dangerous..

Lupo73

#1271 Post by Lupo73 »

@leram84: Why do not simply read the guide or try to open Options? You only need to uncheck "Confirm for large loaded files" by the way..

fliptoback

#1272 Post by fliptoback »

When DropIt run an external commandline program with the "open with" feature, it will always start the program in a command window. Is there a way we can hide the window?

Also is there a way we can introduce an @echo off command in the commandline?

Thanks

Lupo73

#1273 Post by Lupo73 »

Thanks for the report.. and I'll consider your request for the future releases.. in the meanwhile a new version is almost ready :)

Lupo73

#1274 Post by Lupo73 »

Finally the new DropIt version 8.0 is available! :)

This is the complete list of changes:
- improved "Extract" action to extract in destination folder (correctly managing duplicates)
- improved support to multiple monitors
- added "k(s1)" and "k-(s1)" abbreviation modifiers
- added "d>d1" and "d<d1" abbreviation modifiers (instead of "c>d1" and "c<d1" that are deprecated)
- added "ProductName" and "Rating" abbreviations
- added "Split" and "Join" actions
- added profile name to the Processing window
- added support to "Export all" and "Import all" profiles from Customize Profiles context menu
- added support to auto-hide target image on the nearest side (auto-detected)
- added support to define the visible pixels of the target image when hidden (read 4.4 of the Guide)
- added support to enable/disable "Ctrl" and "Alt" hotkeys during process (read 4.4 of the Guide)
- added support to enable/disable profile switching with mouse scroll wheel
- added support to force sending one file per mail (setting "0" as "Attachment size limit")
- updated the internal tool to manage SFTP connections (PSFTP v0.63)
- fixed "Open With" action if "Ignore files if in use by other programs" is enabled
- fixed automatic correction of invalid characters in abbreviations
- fixed issue with standby/hibernation when DropIt is minimized
- fixed support to compress in "Store" level
- fixed some minor bugs

Jaeson

#1275 Post by Jaeson »

I don't know if this has been suggested already but I would like to request as a feature a way to sort a little easier. I would like to be able to put a name like "Paul" in and have dropit make the associations and what not for his name giving him a folder and the movement rules of the other names before him. IE for sorting multiple documents that have a given naming style like *_Paul.txt would get moved to his folder while someone with another name would get moved to a separate folder. I have a list of a few hundred names that I need to add and have more rather frequently. I am simply looking for an easy way to add names maybe through a simple text box that uses rules predefined by the user.