DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
Lupo73

Re: DropIt

#1216 Post by Lupo73 »

Yes, it means that your selection will be used with all other files of that drop.

If you want, you can also check "Select ambiguities checkbox by default" from Options. You will still need to select the action at each drop, but the 'apply to all ambiguities in this drop' will be already checked.

Finally, from version 6.0 you can also check the "star" in the association window to give priority to that association. If dropped files will match with different associations and one of the associations is a "Favourite Association", it will be automatically used ignoring the others.

biber

#1217 Post by biber »

very bad, with associations )))
I do not like this. It - masturbation. I think. with associations (every day)daily - Degradation (fuss).
always create profiles
always change (edit) Association
switch between the association
it's a big ass

the program itself, in fact, powerful and, very-very good.
in the program has a wonderful feature - folder monitoring
for which many thanks to the author.

that's how I work every day:
-------------------------------------
Right-click the link Dropit-> OPTIONs -> Monitoring -> add folder -> monitoring folder -> overview -> AND only - only, got to the folder you want to add in monitoring

+ + + + + + WHAT BEHIND OBTUSITY + + + +

can probably make it somehow easier
for example:
-----------------
drag the right-mouse folder - on the icon DROPIT, and this folder - added to the monitoring

this - the most simple modus(manner)

- well, or assign a hot key on the keyboard. opening a folder. picked and pressed the button, for example: in keyboard, the key (HOME) - all this folder monitored.

what do you say, LUPO, will-whether change (amendment) in the program?

Thanks for reading to the end...

Lupo73

#1218 Post by Lupo73 »

Well, I like the idea and I added it (press Ctrl during drop to add folders as monitored folders):
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... rtable.zip

This test version includes also some interface improvements and fixes. Let me know!

biber

#1219 Post by biber »

very well made. it works. i liked it very much
Look at the screenshot
===
http://storage6.static.itmages.ru/i/14/ ... 76077c.png
=== on the screen overlaps or interfere
better to hide and display (call) when the cursor.
make life easier, thanks. another thing

Lupo73

#1220 Post by Lupo73 »

I like also this idea and I added it, but limited to the left screen border and with a simple checkbox in Options:
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... rtable.zip

Currently the target image is always partially visible. I'm considering to reduce this strip from 16 to 8 pixels (I think it is not the best solution to totally hide it after all).

mailus

#1221 Post by mailus »

Hi Lupo73,

I joined this TPFC group to say thank you for Your very much valuable project Dropit !!! and request to provide some extra options.Drop it is a very good project.I like it and suggest my friends to use....

1) Please add search options in HTML page. now filter box only appear that filters by the title.why not it searches through the document or files???????

2) Add Library options for a particular file format. for ex: PDF files can be arranged like a shelf view by it's front page. that will very useful for many users like me........

Lupo73

#1222 Post by Lupo73 »

1. Do you mean the HTML page generated with Create List action? The filter box works with the page content and it cannot works with external content.

2. What do you mean? In the last beta version I added support to filter pdf by their content.

Lupo73

#1223 Post by Lupo73 »

The next version 6.1 is almost ready. In the meanwhile I decided to create a wiki to collect all tutorials and examples about DropIt:
http://www.dropitproject.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=start

It is under development and any collaboration to write it is welcome!

Lupo73

#1224 Post by Lupo73 »

The stable release 6.1 is available!

guinness

#1225 Post by guinness »

So, still compiled with v3.3.8.1?

Lupo73

#1226 Post by Lupo73 »

No, since this release it is used v3.3.10.2 and I removed the 64bit exe to avoid a problem in copy dll. Now the 32bit version is used on all systems (both 32 and 64bit).

romulous

#1227 Post by romulous »

Hi,

Would it be possible to have the list of associations that is presented when you drop a file on the DropIt icon sorted alphabetically? When you have a large list of associations, it is harder to find the on you want to process the file when they are randomly sorted as they are now.

Thanks.

Lupo73

#1228 Post by Lupo73 »

romulous wrote:Hi,

Would it be possible to have the list of associations that is presented when you drop a file on the DropIt icon sorted alphabetically? When you have a large list of associations, it is harder to find the on you want to process the file when they are randomly sorted as they are now.

Thanks.
Added to the list of planned features. :wink:

jordy1955

#1229 Post by jordy1955 »

Hi All,
New user to DropIt.
Firstly let me say thanks for a very good product. I am using Dropit to relocate ripped movies (that i own). I use MakeMKV to rip the movie to a folder - this takes about 20-30mins per movie. Dropit is monitoring that folder and then moving the finished file to another network drive where it is incorporated into my media collection. The problem I am having is that, even though I have enabled the "ignore files if their size is changed after loading" option, Dropit is still moving them before MakeMKV has finished writing them.
The end result is that I am getting part files and even duplicates in my media collection because Dropit will move the file once or twice as a partially complete file and then again after it has finished being generated by MakeMKV.

Can you modify the code to make Dropit wait until the file has completed before it tries to move it please.
I'm running Win7x64 Ultimate.
Thanks for any help

Jordy

Lupo73

#1230 Post by Lupo73 »

Hi Jordy, the problem is how to detect if a file is not complete. I don't know how to file date is managed during a rip (or a download), maybe you could add an additional filter to process only files with "Modified Date" > 5 minutes. Try to do some tests with date filters and let me know.