DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
Lupo73

Re: DropIt

#1201 Post by Lupo73 »

I published a minor release with updated language files.

Now I'm working on the next version that will includes some more improvements.
If you want to test it, this is the first preview release: http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... rtable.zip

Changes:
- improved interface
- improved performance
- moved option to "Pause until opened file is closed" in association
- added option to "Always scan subfolders" or try to process them (e.g. to remove empty subfolders)
- added support to "Remove source after processing it" for some actions
- fixed some minor bugs
Last edited by Lupo73 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lupo73

#1202 Post by Lupo73 »

As you can see in the updated changes of the previous message, I'm trying to add the support to check also subfolders instead of scan them. It means for example you can create an association to search a specific subfolder and move it or you can configure an association to remove empty folders.

To simplify the implementation, I added this feature to the "Scan also subfolders" option (now renamed "Always scan subfolders"): now you can keep it checked to use DropIt as before, or uncheck this option to use this new feature.

Let me know if these new features correctly work. :wink:

Lupo73

#1203 Post by Lupo73 »

I planned more improvements to the next release and so I decided to consider it as a new major update (version 6.0).
I have integrated compress and list settings in associations! (removing them from Options)
A new beta version is available: http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... rtable.zip

I need your help to test it, to verify that improvements work and do not cause problems to the other features. Thanks!

Current changes:
- improved interface
- improved performance
- added association option to "Pause until opened file is closed"
- added association option to "Remove source after processing it" for some actions
- added association options to configure "Compress" action
- added association options to configure "Create List" action
- added global option to "Always scan subfolders" or try to process them (e.g. to remove empty subfolders)
- removed global option to "Pause until opened file is closed"
- removed global options to configure "Compress" action (to be defined in each association)
- removed global options to configure "Create List" action (to be defined in each association)
- fixed some minor bugs

Lupo73

#1204 Post by Lupo73 »

I made most of the planned improvements to the next release and now I published a official beta version for tests:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dropit ... .0%20beta/

These are the main improvements since the previous stable release:
- general interface improvements to simplify the use (already updated the guide)
- compression and list settings now integrated in associations
- option to consider rules as regular expressions now integrated in associations (to be enabled in desired associations)
- support to decide if process or scan subfolders (e.g. to move subfolders or to remove empty subfolders)
- support to define "favourite associations" that have priority in case of multiple matches
- support to remove sources after process also to compress, extract and open with actions

Mott1980

#1205 Post by Mott1980 »

Hi, Lupo773,

Symantec AV reports that the last two versions of the 32-bit version of Dropit Portable (0.3.3 and 0.3.4) are reported to be infected. :?

The 64 bit and the beta seem to be clean.

Could you please check it?

biber

#1206 Post by biber »

ALL normally is not a virus, VIRUSTOTAL also initially suspected
вы.png

Lupo73

#1207 Post by Lupo73 »

Yes, it is a false positive, the software is open source and anyone can check the code. Anyway, thanks for the report.

In these cases, to support the project:
It is very important to submit DropIt to the antivirus companies and ask them to verify the problem.
They will check the software and fix the alert, because the code is safe.

Lupo73

#1208 Post by Lupo73 »

Stable version 6.0 released for Christmas!

Lupo73

#1209 Post by Lupo73 »

I'm working to the next release 6.1 with some fixes and minor improvements. To solve some compatibility problems with Windows 8 64bit, the solution seems to be to interrupt the 64bit version of DropIt and keep only the 32bit (to work also under 64bit OS).

Here you can find a first test version: http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... _Setup.exe
It is a installer version because one of the needed tests is to verify that the 32bit exe correctly works from 64bit "Program Files" folder. Let me know.. thanks!

guinness

#1210 Post by guinness »

Once that Copy.dll issue is sorted (though I doubt it has anything to do with AutoIt) I would highly recommend using AutoIt v3.3.10.x as a lot of work has been put into the release.

Lupo73

#1211 Post by Lupo73 »

Yes, I already moved to version 3.3.10.2 and updated the code in this package. :wink: This is the main reason of the required tests, to verify that this update correctly works also if installed on Windows 8 64bit systems and consider it as a definitive unified solution.

romulous

#1212 Post by romulous »

Hi,

What I haven't been able to to work out how to do - and it may not actually be possible - is to choose what association to use at the time the files are processed. Say I have two associations - one to move all files to C:\Test1 and the other to move all files to C:\Test2. What I would like to be able to do is when I drag files onto the DropIt icon, to be prompted which association to use (if I choose one, files will be moved to Test1, and if I choose the other, they will be moved to Test2). Bonus if it can also be done via the command line.

I did read through the guide, but didn't see anything related.

Regards.

inuter

#1213 Post by inuter »

Love this software. Great work!

Doest DropIt support recursive Abbreviation on action string?

For instance:

File Name = testfile.txt
%te%(custom abbreviation) = 'help'

then
%%FileName#>1,2%% would parse to 'help'

Also, it would be great to support abbreviations in email's subject and body, and have a option to exclude attachment

Thanks in adnace

Lupo73

#1214 Post by Lupo73 »

@romulous: you can easily do it, you only need to create the two associations and drop your files on DropIt; a window will allows you during the process to "Select Action" to use with the files.

@inuter: about recursive abbreviations, you can create custom abbreviations that include internal abbreviations if it is what you mean (but I'm not sure to understand the result you are looking for); about abbreviations in email's subject or body, only file-independent abbreviations could be added because it is possible to send more than a file each email and so there isn't a single %FileName% or others; finally, about exclude attachment, it is not possible because DropIt is a software to send files and so it needs something to attach to the email.

romulous

#1215 Post by romulous »

Lupo73 wrote:@romulous: you can easily do it, you only need to create the two associations and drop your files on DropIt; a window will allows you during the process to "Select Action" to use with the files.
It does? Oops, my bad - reading the guide, I got the impression that it processes associations in order, from top to bottom. That is, in this case it would match to association #1 and simply move the files without asking me. I will try it right now!

Edit: Well, shiver me' timbers - it does prompt you. Great :) Just one thing - the 'apply to all ambiguities in this drop' - I assume that is a "use the same association for all files in this current drop without prompting me" option? And if I clicked that option and then performed another drop, it would prompt me again?