DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
SYSTEM

Re: DropIt

#1186 Post by SYSTEM »

Lupo73 wrote:Still problems. Now DropIt 64bit crashes during file processing (I'm considering to go back to the previous compiler version). If someone would like to help with tests, this is a version with "step messages" to help me to detect the crash position: http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... table4.zip
It crashed after step 7.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

tongsama

#1187 Post by tongsama »

Any news on Regex issue?

I have Main folder with 3 subfolders.

I want a rule that matches first character of folder to
a-i
j-n
o-z

and move them to different folders.

Lupo73

#1188 Post by Lupo73 »

I fixed a RegEx issue in the last release, have you verified if your reported problem persists?

tongsama

#1189 Post by tongsama »

I don't know what AutoIT does differently but here is a regex that worked for Belvedere and online regex tester.

^[A-I]

will match all folders beginning with letters A through I
Attachments
regex.png

Lupo73

#1190 Post by Lupo73 »

The new minor update 5.3.2 may finally fix the crash using Copy/Move actions under Window 8 64bit (I moved back to the stable version of AutoIt).

starstuff

#1191 Post by starstuff »

hello Lupo73,

im wondering if you can add online metadata renaming support for files?

example book file type pdf or epub, it will search online for metadata for these similar to calibre book manager fetch metadata.

other file type like music mp3 from online music store and movies form online database

TIA!

Lupo73

#1192 Post by Lupo73 »

I could consider to add some new abbreviations for it, but I may need help to implement it and to know what sources use.

csaner

#1193 Post by csaner »

Hello Lupo73

Thank you verry much for this excellent piece of Software, really appreciate your effort!

I'd like to use your tool to automate my paperless workflow. Therefore, I want to rename OCR'ed PDFs based on unique words in its contents. Unfortunately I didn't find a way to apply a correct rule.

My best guess is:
In Additional Filter -> file contains all words: WordA WordB WordC
Rule: *.pdf

Unfortunately wasn't able to associate the file. Could you please advise?
Thank you very much and best regards
Chris

Lupo73

#1194 Post by Lupo73 »

Note that you need to select "Each word" in Additional Filters and you need that the file includes these words without splits them (that is possible in a PDF). Could you send me a real example? (association you use and pdf you would like to move).

efthimis1991

#1195 Post by efthimis1991 »

Hello,
Im interested in assisting you with the DropIt development.
More specifically i would like to help with Software Requirements Specification. In case that you are not familiar with this term, "SRS" is a document with a complete description of the behavior of a software.
Really looking forward to your reply.

Efthimis T.

Lupo73

#1196 Post by Lupo73 »

The project is open source and any collaboration is welcome. Let me know if you need help to write it and thanks for the help.

efthimis1991

#1197 Post by efthimis1991 »

I will start working on it in a few days because now i am on a trip. If i need any help how can i contact you? Thank you in advance.

Lupo73

#1198 Post by Lupo73 »

By mail, I'm writing you my email..

biber

#1199 Post by biber »

Lupo73 thank you very much. for the incredible program. DROPIT VERY LIKE

please very lacking in the program features:
- Manual sorting files

PRINCIPLE work:

Playing Dropit push button to manual sorting of files:

Window opens
root (my computer drives and desktop)

each item label side put those files as if a checkmark and press a button to sort folders. according to the sorting rules.

more clearer can explain in pictures because I represent. I can send you a packet of pictures with the comment .. look and you will understand what I'm saying the problem is simply no difficulties .... and then your programmma Dropit - become super popular sotriroschikom files all over the world, that will sort all the garbage of all computers in the world ... and bring you great fame, and then you can set the price of the program, billions of people will want to clean up your computer from garbage. LUPO73 and this is your chance to take a leading global position in the sorting of files all over the world .... it is manual sorting files with auto timer will scatter files itself every day to nada as specified by the rules ..

Sorry for the clumsy English I - Russian.

if you agree, show you where to send it as a picture should look like

most super cool program that sorts the files ...

Lupo73

#1200 Post by Lupo73 »

I'm writing you my email too..