DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
joby_toss

Re: DropIt

#61 Post by joby_toss »

Lupo73 wrote:The new version 0.7 is available: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dropit/

ChangeLog:
- added support to receive files dropped on its exe
Could you please make this feature available also for ArcThemALL! ?! :wink:

Napiophelios

#62 Post by Napiophelios »

Wow you are very responsive. :shock:

Send to function works like a charm :)
(so long as the app isnt already opened)

I tested with over fifty different files (with 5 different file types) all at once
and it works perfectly.

Many thanks for these improvements!!

Lupo73

#63 Post by Lupo73 »

Today I have improved this feature also for ArcThemALL! and now I'm updating it: :mrgreen:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/arcthemall/

Now ArcThemALL! supports a very fast modality of compression: you can select from Options both "Auto compress after loading" and "Exit when done". Then if you drop folders and files on its executable (without open if before), the software start+compress+close automatically. :D

joby_toss

#64 Post by joby_toss »

Lupo73 wrote:Today I have improved this feature also for ArcThemALL! and now I'm updating it: :mrgreen:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/arcthemall/
Thank you!
Now ArcThemALL! supports a very fast modality of compression: you can select from Options both "Auto compress after loading" and "Exit when done". Then if you drop folders and files on its executable (without open if before), the software start+compress+close automatically. :D
Great stuff! :)

Lupo73

#65 Post by Lupo73 »

To help the software diffusion now that is sufficiently stable, if someone would like to report DropIt on other websites like softpedia, nonags, softonic or similar, it could be helpful for its development (it's the same for ArcThemALL!). Thanks :wink:

Lupo73

#66 Post by Lupo73 »

I have released a DropIt minor update that includes some bug fixes and distribution also as Setup package. :wink:

Firewrath

#67 Post by Firewrath »

Yay! Patterns and even better, 'SendTo' enabled, Awesome, ^-^
....buuuuuut, :P
(yes, im never happy, ;))
when using the 'Send To' menu and seeing a file to DropIt, it stays open even after its moved the file,
i mean, i dont mind it popping up while it works, but itd be nice to have it exit when its finished, ^-^
and im assuming its a bug since no one else has said anything about it? :P

but yeah, Thanks for the great app, ^-^

opsimathic

#68 Post by opsimathic »

I must be missing something!

I just downloaded the latest version of Dropit from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dropit/ and it came packaged with a setup program that produced a decidedly non-portable install :cry:

Can someone help me to do it right?

Thanks.
/opsimathic

ashghost

#69 Post by ashghost »

Always look at the description/name before you download the default file from Sourceforge - that big green button sometimes links to the latest source code or some minor ancillary file.

Follow the "Show all files" link to:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dropit/files/

so that you can download the zipped portable release.

EDIT: I removed the direct link, since it will be obsolete after the next time Lupo73 updates DropIt.

opsimathic

#70 Post by opsimathic »

Thanks ashghost!

I just knew I must be missing something fairly straightforward ... and I was.

/opsimathic

Lupo73

#71 Post by Lupo73 »

Firewrath wrote:Yay! Patterns and even better, 'SendTo' enabled, Awesome, ^-^
....buuuuuut, :P
(yes, im never happy, ;))
when using the 'Send To' menu and seeing a file to DropIt, it stays open even after its moved the file,
i mean, i dont mind it popping up while it works, but itd be nice to have it exit when its finished, ^-^
and im assuming its a bug since no one else has said anything about it? :P

but yeah, Thanks for the great app, ^-^
I'll implement something for this use in the next release..

I have added the installer for a user request, I think it's a good idea to give freedom to the user choices. The portable version could be added in PFC database, to simplify its download for portable users.

Lupo73

#72 Post by Lupo73 »

I have published DropIt with the new PFC publication system. If someone like it, could use the new mechanism of preferences. :wink:

ps: I don't exactly understand how this new feature works.

RainrooM

#73 Post by RainrooM »

Hello,

Is it possible to add a profile setting ?
I would like to have 1 profile with patterns and settings for use at home and 1 profile for at work. I use this program like almost all others utilities via a USB stick and via the best launcher ever 'Executor'.
So best option would be if I could start Dropit followed by a profile parameter.
I don't want to mess up my files because folders are differently on diff. computers...
The lack of this today makes that I'm not so keen to use Dropit.

Secondly, sorry to say, but I can't manage to set up the SEND TO functionality. :roll:
too less sleep I guess, but can someone pls help me out ?
I copied the dropit.exe into the send to folder but it doesn't work. same when I place a .lnk shortcut in the send to folder....
What am I doing wrong ?

BR

Lupo73

#74 Post by Lupo73 »

I'll try to implement the profiles support in a future release. :wink:

The SendTo feature works as you said: keep DropIt in a stable folder (it can't work if you move it in different folders) and create a shortcut in SendTo folder. If it doesn't work, check to have the last DropIt release.

RainrooM

#75 Post by RainrooM »

Thanks Lupo73 to consider the profile support. I appreciate it.

re the SendTo issue. It doesn't work for some reason.
I used revouninstaller and completed this one to make sure all previous DropIt installation, links and 'left over' files were 100% gone. (not much found anyway)
Downloaded the latest version.
I enable the shell integration and SendTo boxes in the installation and completed the installation.

In "manage", I selected c:/temp as dest. folder and *.jpg as pattern.
went to TC or explorer and right clicked on 1 jpg file and SentTo 'Open with DropIt'.
Didn't work... no copy nor move. Very strange.

I'll try on another PC tomorrow.