ArcThemALL!

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
joby_toss

#31 Post by joby_toss »

No more icons ?

Lupo73

#32 Post by Lupo73 »

They are embedded in the executable since v1.5.1, what OS do you use? Because could be that old Windows editions don't support it. In this case I'll update it, coming back to the not embedded mode.

I am Baas

#33 Post by I am Baas »

Works fine on XPSP2 Pro. Really like this app. Thanks Lupo73.

Could you do something about the GUI colors though? I find dark blue ugly :lol: .

joby_toss

#34 Post by joby_toss »

Lupo73 wrote:They are embedded in the executable since v1.5.1, what OS do you use? Because could be that old Windows editions don't support it. In this case I'll update it, coming back to the not embedded mode.
WinXPProSP3

Edit: I've just made a simple experiment: I've unpacked the executable using UPX and guess what? : the icons are there ! Would there be any problems if i use ArcThemAll.exe unpacked (unupx-ed) ?

Later edit: also the false positive report I was getting from Avira is gone if using unupx-ed executable .

Lupo73

#35 Post by Lupo73 »

Yes, no problem. Anyway I need to solve the problem, can you try to download it from here http://www.lupopensuite.com/db/arcthemall.htm and write me if it works fine?

@ I am Baas: no, my wonderful dark blue :lol:

joby_toss

#36 Post by joby_toss »

Lupo73 wrote:Yes, no problem. Anyway I need to solve the problem, can you try to download it from here http://www.lupopensuite.com/db/arcthemall.htm and write me if it works fine?
Yes, this is OK !

Lupo73

#37 Post by Lupo73 »

Good, I'll update it soon.

I am Baas

#38 Post by I am Baas »

Lupo73 wrote:@ I am Baas: no, my wonderful dark blue :lol:
:(

but, I will get over it... it's a fine tool after all.

Lupo73

#39 Post by Lupo73 »

I don't know, why you don't like it? ..It is a sort of my signature.. :roll:

Onesimus Prime

feature request...

#40 Post by Onesimus Prime »

Hi Lupo73,
I've been enjoying the "fruits of your labor" with Coffee tonight quite a bit! Getting it all configured, etc. :D

But about ArcThemAll!... Some archive files have a "root" directory included, some don't. For the ones that DO, when I use the "New folder each archive" setting the files are then TWO directories down. I have to move the files up one directory, then delete the spare.

Would it be possible to make an 'intelligent' "New folder each archive" setting which, if it detects only one folder (a "root folder") in the archive, simply extracts that archive normally? Once upon a time I did find a program that could do this, but it wasn't portable...

Thanks for all your work!

Lupo73

Re: ArcThemAll!

#41 Post by Lupo73 »

I'll check this feature and try to improve it soon. The "problem" is that I use default commands of 7zip, but without a additional positioning method.

Lupo73

#42 Post by Lupo73 »

I don't have added this feature yet, but I have improved many aspects of the software and I have decided to publish here an unofficial beta release to test the new code:
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/ArcTh ... 0_beta.zip

Try it and write me your opinions. :wink:

ChangeLog:
- improved performance
- improved software code
- added decompression of more formats (all formats supported by 7-Zip)
- added MPRESS compressor support
- fixed some minor bugs

Someone will hate me :mrgreen: but I have decided to rename the software from ArcThemAll! to ArcThemALL!

Lupo73

#43 Post by Lupo73 »

This is the new look of the GUI:

If someone has a few time to test it, thanks!

Lupo73

Re: ArcThemALL!

#44 Post by Lupo73 »

The new stable release 2.0 is available from the sourceforge project:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/arcthemall/

guinness

Re: ArcThemALL!

#45 Post by guinness »

I tested the pre-release of ArcThemAll / ArcThemALL! / ArcThemAll! and concluded there were were no breakages in your application (I tried!). This may sound like a chalk and cheese statement but it appears to be working its way to an excellent replacement for Universal Extractor. When I was looking at the applications included it appeared that many were very old and outdated, it seemed that even though it was updated a year ago (10/17/2008 or if your European 17/10/2008) the main core of the code is still stuck in 2005!!