After asking tproli permission to base my work on yaP and four months of hard work here it is gaP: great! another Portabilizer. It's a portabilizer based on yaP, but with a few extra features. Please, check them out. I will be really glad if you can test it and give your suggestions or bug reports here in the forum.
gaP is released as freeware. You are allowed to use; distribute gaP via floppy disk, CD-ROM, Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this; and modify as you like it. The author is not liable for any damages arising from its use.
This program is distributed as freeware in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty expressed or implied. You are free to modify gaP, but the author would like you to share your changes with him and do not take credit for work you did not do.
gaP is provided "AS IS" and "WITH ALL FAULTS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason. The author makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the safety, suitability, lack of viruses, inaccuracies, typographical errors, or other harmful components of gaP.
There are inherent dangers in the use of any software, and you are solely responsible for determining whether gaP is compatible with your equipment and other software installed on your equipment. You are also solely responsible for the protection of your equipment and backup of your data, and the author will not be liable for any damages you may suffer in connection with using, modifying or distributing gaP.
gaP main differences from yaP
* everything is in one executable;
* gaP can handle x86 and x64 registry entries by using the appropriate switch in the registry based functions. This means more complex programs can be correctly portabilized using just one executable;
* gaP encryption and decryption interface can be accessed by using the "-crypt" parameter. This means there is no need for a secondary executable to access it;
* gaP encryption algorithm is AES 256 bit. This means your sensitive information is encrypted using strong encryption;
* gaP has a detailed built-in help file which can be accessed by using the "-help" parameter;
* gaP has two additional functions (I am open to suggestions to add even more functions): keeponly and service. The "keeponly" function keep a specified number of files or folders inside a selected path by deleting the other files or folders and the function "service" which create, delete, start or stop a selected service;
* gaP has more shell folders aliases. This means more complex programs can be correctly portabilized. See the list below.
Code: Select all
gaP additional shell folders: %Common Administrative Tools% %Common AppData% %Common Desktop% %Common Documents% %Common Favorites% %Common Programs% %Common Start Menu% %Common Startup% %Common Templates% %CommonMusic% %CommonPictures% %CommonVideo% %OEM Links%
* portabilize applications by listing directories, files, registry keys and values in an ini file;
* automatically run the 64bit version of the main application if available;
* create, copy, move and delete files, directories, registry keys and values;
* handle x86 and x64 registry entries by using the appropriate switch in the registry based functions;
* various checks: administrator rights, multiple instance, OS version, .NET, Java and Internet connection;
* request administrator rights if administrator rights are required;
* execute batch files;
* import and export registry keys;
* merge reg files;
* read and write ini files;
* replace strings or lines in text files;
* set environment variables;
* show custom messages;
* run applications;
* create, delete, start and stop services;
* delete the oldest or newest files or folders based on date or name (useful to keep backup files or folders under a defined number);
* create symlinks (requires NTFS file system, administrator rights and compatible OS);
* register and unregister dll files;
* environment variable and shell folder expansion;
* path, date, text and language macros;
* set file and directory attributes;
* encrypt configuration items using "-crypt" parameter;
* refresh system shell icons;
* kill processes;
* put text on clipboard; and
* clean "MuiCache" and "App Paths" values from registry on close.
gaP currently accepts four parameters:
* -crypt --> opens gaP encryption and decryption interface;
* -license --> opens gaP license and disclaimer interface;
* -about --> opens gaP about interface; and
* -help --> creates a copy of gaP help file in "gaP.exe" root folder.
gaP download link (password: gapportablefreeware)
File size: 452 KB (462.848 bytes)
MD5 checksum: BD417799D4A37C8915E2E08D89347D40
SHA1 checksum: A5D8BFF54DC68A17498E19F010345C6C95BDDE66
SHA256 checksum: 5CA0F015B7190A134E9062309AB3778C49877FB19A48BEB78532B48CBD9D5086
SHA384 checksum: 4121F61E1B68B0A1700146A13CB837AE72DD1D90BB3191F0A0D5EE7B539693EEA504A62A8FD652354FD478A2A52418E9
SHA512 checksum: 5922BC2E378275A5B1EEBCB2C74A807020C7FA57B62BC72391330FE7D7B1447DCE3383D48D114B1EBE3E6776C52FA7FD3A211B7FEBE8C1F3BBCE11101805F2C6
* version 220.127.116.11 - 30/MAY/2015 - First release;
* version 18.104.22.168 - 13/JUN/2015 - Added more options to the "service" function and bug fixes;
* version 22.214.171.124 - 20/JUN/2015 - Added more options to the "service" function and a new macro "OSARCH";
* version 126.96.36.199 - 29/JUN/2015 - Added a new function "clean" and changed the scape character from "\" to "<" for better compatibility;
* version 188.8.131.52 - 18/JUL/2015 - Added a new function "!readonly" and changed the AutoIt core from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11;
* version 18.104.22.168 - 08/AUG/2015 - Fixed a major bug and changed the AutoIt core from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199.