SciTE Jump

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
guinness

Re: SciTE Jump

#16 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V1.4.20.17
I've just updated SciTE Jump with emphasis towards improving the source code and fixing reported issues.

Changelog:

Code: Select all

- ADDED: Additional lookup for the comments ;<plusspace> and ;<minusspace>.
- ADDED: Change the working directory of SciTE to the directory of the file currently being edited.
- ADDED: Exporting to Latex.
- ADDED: GUI out of bounds check (Thanks to wraithdu)
- ADDED: List unused functions in the export functions feature.
- ADDED: Restart option to the system menu for restarting SciTE Jump and SciTE. The session will be resumed once SciTE has succesfully loaded.
- ADDEd: Right click selection of an item.
- ADDED: Search within the 'finding in files' results to narrow down the search.
- ADDED: Start SciTE if currently not available. (This works if SciTE Jump has been run once when SciTE was open.)
- ADDED: The ability to cancel when finding text inside files.
- FIXED: GUI would be inactive if started with an empty document in SciTE.
- FIXED: Issue with array out of bounds when nothing was found using _FindInFile.
- IMPROVED: Interaction with SciTE.

guinness

#17 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V1.7.19.21
I've just updated SciTE Jump with a minor update but still significant to the future of SciTE Jump.

Changelog:

Code: Select all

- UPDATED: Compiled using the latest version of AutoIt V3.3.8.0.

guinness

#18 Post by guinness »

Now officially included in the SciTE4AutoIt3 package.

I've made a small minor update without changing the version number due to a change in location, instead of being located in the %AUTOITDIR%\SciTE\SciTE Jump\ folder it's now installed in the %AUTOITDIR%\SciTE\SciTEJump\ folder, therefore I updated to ensure any possible updates I do will work for the official version.

I suggest to download the latest version of SciTE4AutoIt3 to accommodate the above change.

joby_toss

#19 Post by joby_toss »

But your SciTE Jump has a 64 bit version. Where can I find SciTE4AutoIt3 containing that?

guinness

#20 Post by guinness »

It was to reduce the filesize. Though for now you can copy it from the ZIP file into the location of where SciTE Jump is situated.

Edit: Everytime I see you posting about AutoIt I more and more convinced you know a lot more than you're letting on :)

joby_toss

#21 Post by joby_toss »

I just like to be organized and have everything in one place. :)

guinness

#22 Post by guinness »

This reason was to have a standard link to the x86 in au3.properties.

guinness

#23 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V1.8.21.23

I've updated SciTE Jump with a couple of small fixes as well as a couple of additions. The version included with SciTE4AutoIt3 is still stable so you don't have to upgrade if you don't feel the need to. It should be noted that in the new version I've added an additional language string, so if you would like to update your language please send me the new translation and I will update accordingly. When you start the latest version you'll be asked 'Do you want to upgrade?', select 'Yes' if you want to.

Suggestions that have been made are still pending, but will be coming soon. Thanks.

Language:
MENU_SORT=Sort functions
Changelog:
- ADDED: German translation. (Thanks to burnell)
- ADDED: Sorting of functions, this can be selected by selecting the titlebar icon.
- FIXED: Clearing the 'Find in Files' input when selecting 'Refresh'.
- FIXED: Issue where SciTE Jump would wait indefinetly until the SciTE process existed.
Note: Documentation for SciTE Jump has been created (as suggested by Jos) so this will be uploaded very soon, more details to come.

guinness

#24 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V1.9.24.26

I've updated SciTE Jump with a couple of small fixes as well as a few of additions. The version included with SciTE4AutoIt3 is still stable so you don't have to upgrade if you don't feel the need to. It should be noted that in the new version I've added additional language strings, so if you would like to update your language please send me the new translation and I will update accordingly. When you start the latest version you'll be asked 'Do you want to upgrade?', select 'Yes' if you want to.

Changelog:
- ADDED: Creating a function header via the right-click contextmenu.
- ADDED: Refreshing the function list when changing the option of whether or not to sort functions.
- ADDED: Right-click contextmenu with additional options.
- FIXED: Issue which appeared when I fixed removing the previous keyword for 'searching within files'.
- IMPROVED: The speed of sorting functions.
- UPDATED: Exporting of functions by adding regions as well as header information about the AutoIt script. (Thanks to JohnOne)

guinness

#25 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V1.10.26.29

I decided to add the latest Help file Jos is currently working on.

How to get the SciTE4AutoIt3 Help file:
Navigate to http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/ and the Beta page (located at the bottom) then download Scite4AutoIt3.chm and place in the SciTE folder, usually located at C:\Program Files\AutoIt\SciTE. Included in the SciTE4AutoIt3 Help file is how to use SciTE Jump.

Changelog:
- ADDED: SciTE Jump help section to the settings menu, which can be accessed by selecting the titlebar icon.
- ADDED: Shortcut F1 to access the SciTE Jump help section.
- FIXED: Automatically updating SciTE Jump if already installed in the SciTE folder.
- FIXED: Issue where the function list was incorrectly being saved to the SciTE Jump folder.
- UPDATED: Reporting functions and regions when there weren't any to report.

guinness

#26 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V1.11.32.31

This is a big update with a host of new features and fixes, in preparation for when the new version of SciTE4AutoIt3 is released. As you can see from the changelog I've added the request by Xenobiologist as well as adding support for NSIS & VBScripts.

It should be noted that in the new version I've added additional language strings, so if you would like to update your language please send me the new translation and I will update accordingly. When you start the latest version you'll be asked 'Do you want to upgrade?', select 'Yes' if you want to.

Changelog:
- ADDED: Additional information when creating a function list, these include Local & Global variables as well as include files being used. (Thanks to Xenobiologist & James1337)
- ADDED: CRC32 (by trancexx) hash to the function list for checking the integrity of your scripts.
- ADDED: Dropping an au3 file onto the SciTE Jump UI, will open the file in SciTE.
- ADDED: Export options to the right-click menu.
- ADDED: HelpFile.chm which gives an overview of SciTE Jump.
- ADDED: Option in the right-click menu to retrieve the function so it can be added as a snippet.
- ADDED: Option in the right-click menu to toggle the fold of the function.
- ADDED: Support for parsing 'Functions' used in NSIS scripts and VBScripts.
- FIXED: When searching within files and then searching through the list would hide the treeview if the value was blank.
- IMPROVED: Asking whether or not to upgrade a previously installed SciTE Jump, now it will only ask you once.
- REMOVED: Invalid contextmenu items when using the 'finding in files' option.

joby_toss

#27 Post by joby_toss »

guinness

#28 Post by guinness »

Brilliant :D Thanks.

guinness

#29 Post by guinness »

SciTE Jump V1.12.35.37

I've updated SciTE Jump with emphasis on improving memory consumption and adding the missing request by LoWang. You'll also notice that I've enhanced the UI a little by adding small cue banners to explain what the input boxes actually do, but I highly recommend that you read the Help file too, as this explains a little further.

It should be noted that in the new version I've added additional language strings, so if you would like to update your language please send me the new translation and I will update accordingly. When you start the latest version you'll be asked 'Do you want to upgrade?', select 'Yes' if you want to.

New: You will also notice I now have a brand new installer, but I will explain more about that at a later date. Also don't worry the installer is 100% Stealth.
- ADDED: Additional information to the title on whether or not the application is running the x64 version of SciTE Jump.
- ADDED: Cue banners to the search and 'find in files' input boxes.
- FIXED: Clearing the search in functions input when changing files. (Thanks LoWang)
- FIXED: Incorrect CRC32 value being created. (Thanks JFX)
- FIXED: Issue where functions wouldn't be sorted on first run if enabled.
- FIXED: Missing '$' in the export function list for Global variables.
- IMPROVED: Overall memory consumption and CPU usage.
- IMPROVED: Speed of sorting the function list, now uses sort.exe instead.

joby_toss

#30 Post by joby_toss »