ProEject

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
guinness

Re: ProEject

#121 Post by guinness »

It did cross my mind but there are a couple of hurdles I would need to overcome.
1. The increase in filesize (1.9MB), so if people are happy with this then it could be an option.
2. And I did have a second with debugging but I could add what architecture is being used in the log file, so I only have one hurdle.

SYSTEM

#122 Post by SYSTEM »

guinness wrote:It did cross my mind but there are a couple of hurdles I would need to overcome.
1. The increase in filesize (1.9MB), so if people are happy with this then it could be an option.
I'm happy with that, I have a plenty of disk space. 8-)

And maybe there could be three separate versions:
  • 32-bit only
  • 64-bit only
  • Hybrid (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

guinness

#123 Post by guinness »

That's answered my problem then.

spicydog

#124 Post by spicydog »

SYSTEM wrote:And maybe there could be three separate versions:
  • 32-bit only
  • 64-bit only
  • Hybrid (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
I totally second SYSTEM's suggestion :mrgreen:

guinness

#125 Post by guinness »

Code: Select all

- ADDED: Option to detect all partitions running from a single drive. For example if you want to close drive G:\ but F:\ & H:\ are on the same drive, then ProEject will detect these drives and close applications & windows from those as well.
I just added this to the new version of ProEject which should be released in the next couple of weeks.

tproli

#126 Post by tproli »

Nice addition!

Btw, will translators get an abstract of what has changed/removed/added to the language file?

guinness

#127 Post by guinness »

Yeh, I will send each of the translators a personal message explaining the changes, its the same output as DropIt, because I created the internal application for Lupo73 to generate the language strings.

SYSTEM

#128 Post by SYSTEM »

SYSTEM wrote: I've submitted Settings.exe as a false positive to the ClamAV Virus Database Maintainer team. Hopefully there will soon be one FP less. :)
The ClamAV FP has been fixed. :)

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/rep ... 1312998679

I'm not going to submit the file to McAfee or VirusBlokAda, though. 3/43 will likely be the final result.

guinness

#129 Post by guinness »

Thanks SYSTEM. I will worry about McAfee or VirusBlokAda ;)

crownixx

#130 Post by crownixx »

guinness wrote:Settings.exe has been removed from the ZIP file because of the flagging & spicydog created it using the .bat file and a battoexe converter. I initially created it in AutoIt but the filesize was large so spicydog sent me this instead.
Yeah, I've see the AutoIt version's Settings launcher and it was large. I want to suggest to use nsis script launcher as the replacement at that time but i can't make it in time. Anyway, in case you're still interested, here's the nsis compiled launcher with the source code. You can use NSIS Portable to compile the script.
Settings-source.zip 68.84kb
guinness wrote:Thanks SYSTEM. I will worry about McAfee or VirusBlokAda ;)
The nsis launcher seems to be clean 0/44 :)
http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/rep ... 1313765919

I know this might be late but it possibly could be useful on your future project.

guinness

#131 Post by guinness »

Thanks crownixx, I will add in the next release ;)

guinness

#132 Post by guinness »

So in the last couple of days I've been polishing the new version of ProEject and honestly I have a couple of surprises planned. :mrgreen: But not one to keep a secret this is a little snippet of the changelog.

Lupo73 requested additional information in the GUI which I initially dismissed, guess what ...
- ADDED: Option to show additional information in the GUI under the drive.
A huge improvement is with the TrueCrypt integration, lets say for example you have 3 TrueCrypt containers running from a USB drive using G:\, H:\ and J:\ & the initial drive being F:\, now ProEject will be able to detect these drives and dismount as well as ejecting the F:\ drive.
- ADDED: Ability to detect TrueCrypt containers, therefore if you have multiple containers running from a single drive ProEject will detect these and dismount accordingly.
Native x64 version which fixes issues for those who use x64 portable applications. If you don't then this doesn't affect you.
- ADDED: Native x64 version.
Added partition detection.
- ADDED: Option to detect all partitions running from a single drive. For example if you want to close drive G:\ but F:\ & H:\ are on the same drive, then ProEject will detect these drives and close applications & windows from those as well.

SYSTEM

#133 Post by SYSTEM »

Some notes after actual use:
  • If "time to wait before closing" is not set to 0, ProEject hangs (with about 0,1 % CPU usage) instead of closing the applications.
  • I've got the TIP_EJECT_1 and TIP_EJECT_2 messages in English even though I use the Finnish language.

guinness

#134 Post by guinness »

If "time to wait before closing" is not set to 0, ProEject hangs (with about 0,1 % CPU usage) instead of closing the applications.
FIXED.
I've got the TIP_EJECT_1 and TIP_EJECT_2 messages in English even though I use the Finnish language.
FIXED.

Thanks SYSTEM!

guinness

#135 Post by guinness »

ProEject V1.0.0.1 (Preview)

So in the last month I've been working on the next version of ProEject (& maybe the last.) It's got to a point where I'm really happy with the new additions I've made, so now I want to know if it's been worthwhile. :mrgreen:

The major addition is the ability for ProEject to be run in either x32/x64 mode (I will be releasing as separate applications in the final too,) therefore it can now clean/close x64 native applications. Therefore to make those aware when you select ProEject.exe it will create a temporary folder called 'Data' that executes the correct version of ProEject_x32/x64, as it's temporary it will be deleted when ProEject closes.

Visit the website to download the Preview version. Thanks :)

WARNING: (TEST VERSION ONLY)

Note: The source code is upon request due to being a test release.

Changelog.

Code: Select all

- ADDED: Ability to detect TrueCrypt containers, therefore if you have multiple containers running from a single drive ProEject will detect these and dismount accordingly.
- ADDED: Auto detect system language and use available language file if present.
- ADDED: Connection type in the Properties GUI.
- ADDED: Exit code when using ProEject. 0 for no error was encountered or 1 for error encountered. 
- ADDED: If ProEject.dat is present and the Settings GUI is shown, if "Use the GUI" is selected it will automatically display the GUI afterwards.
- ADDED: Model name in the traymenu.
- ADDED: Native x64 version.
- ADDED: Option to display processes & windows that will close, similar to displaying items that will be cleaned.
- ADDED: Option to minimise to the system tray on program startup.
- ADDED: Option to minimise to the system tray or minimise normally.
- ADDED: Option to show additional information in the GUI under the drive.
- ADDED: Refresh item to the traymenu.
- ADDED: Setting to start ProEject on Windows startup.
- ADDED: Support for multiple monitors and added a new function to check whether or not the GUI is out of bounds, ideal if you're moving computers with different monitor sizes.
- ADDED: The ability to declare the location of TrueCrypt & Unlocker, it also supports relative paths.
- FIXED: GUI wouldn't restore from the traymenu on certain systems.
- FIXED: Issue with false positives & Settings.exe.
- FIXED: Issue with ProEject hanging when waiting for a window to close.
- FIXED: Issue with Unlocker.
- FIXED: Issue with Windows XP and closing explorer Windows.
- FIXED: Out of bounds error on certain systems.
- FIXED: Reported issue where a user didn't have WebDings installed on their system as they were using a WinPE environment.
- IMPROVED: Detection of TrueCrypt drives.
- IMPROVED: Detection of whether a FIXED drive is either installed (IDE) or removable (USB).
- IMPROVED: Integration with handle.exe.
- IMPROVED: ProEject being left behind in the temp folder when a crash occurred.
- IMPROVED: Size of Properties GUI.
- IMPROVED: The logging feature tenfold, especially to highlight how ProEject works.
- IMPROVED: The source code layout, if you do a comparison to the last version you will see the amount of changes that have been made.
- IMPROVED: Verifying if a drive is a system drive.
- Thanks to spicydog & lautrepay for testing the pre-release.