ProEject

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
guinness

Re: ProEject

#16 Post by guinness »

All will become clear. It will support the ability to eject another drive even if ProEject isn't running on that drive.

guinness

#17 Post by guinness »

ProEject will be the final name?
For now, but I will go through your suggestions (& joby's) once the preview is out and users are testing that version.
Last edited by guinness on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joby_toss

#18 Post by joby_toss »

Here's another one:

Out-side-r

Or yours, but simpler (2 adjacent vowels doesn't sound right to me):

Pro-ject

:)

guinness

#19 Post by guinness »

I initially went with ProJect but felt it closely resembled Project. I felt ProEject was a little more clear, a "Pro Ejector" and having oe together isn't wrong e.g. Toe :D (Bad Example!) Plus, if users decide collectively that it should be ProJect/Pro-Ject then of course I will consider changing it.

But now for the good news ... I've uploaded the preview as per my promise of a "Preview Release Monday 4th July 2011" (American Independence Day!) I should add that Exclusions are supported e.g. opera.exe;dropit.exe;pstart.exe but haven't been documented/added to the Settings GUI, as my concern for this preview is stability :) The documentation is my next priority!

Enjoy and do let me know what you think.

guinness

#20 Post by guinness »

I forgot to mention after ProEject has closed, you can use Ctrl+V in notepad to see the output log. Also I have found a bug :evil: So I will have an update today at 16:00 GMT.

spicydog

#21 Post by spicydog »

Hi guinness,

The round of appetizers you provided duly tickled our curiosity, now feel free to serve the main course :mrgreen:

The visual aspect of the Preview Release looks very pleasant indeed.

Looking forward to your today's update... My USB drives cannot wait to be ejected by ProEject :mrgreen:

A small (sort of unrelated) tip: Add the http://softwarespot.wordpress.com/software/proeject link to your signature ;)

guinness

#22 Post by guinness »

Not quite 16:00 GMT, but I've managed to upload a new version with minor fixes. Thanks to donald for testing as I was blissfully unaware of the problem. So for those (4 users :D) who downloaded it the bugs have been fixed.

What was the Bug?
It was the Exclusions, I simply had to change Return StringRegExp($sFileName, $sExcluded) = 1 to Return StringRegExp($sFileName, $sExcluded) = 0 & I fixed a problem with the settings file being asked twice if being run directly from the USB being ejected.

spicydog, It's a good tip believe you me, but despite what people might think I like to keep things low key ;)

guinness

#23 Post by guinness »

So I'm going to declare this stable in the next couple of days unless someone has come across a problem or a suggestion to be added. I also won't be adding to TPFC.

And I have no way of contacting queue so if he feels I've overstepped the mark then please let me know.

guinness

#24 Post by guinness »

Thanks to spicydog this time! A small problem arose on some USB Drives, so this has been fixed in a new version which I will be releasing shortly. Thanks to all who have tested & sent feedback. I have big surprise coming in the next few days, I'll give you a clue....UI!

Lupo73

#25 Post by Lupo73 »

Good! I'll test the GUI when ready :wink:

guinness

#26 Post by guinness »

Thanks Lupo. If people could test ProEject works for them on their machine it would much appreciated as I want to know if the drive ejection is working flawlessly.

A NEW VERSION has been uploaded today with a minor fix, so please update your copy of ProEject. The preview is a working version and not how it will look when I release it as stable. To avoid confusion I have renamed "Preview" to "Beta" :D

guinness

#27 Post by guinness »

I have been busy today fixing more bugs and adding some new & exciting features to my first application which I'm truly proud of. Everyone's support on here has been brilliant & it's good to see TPFC helping developers who want to create Portable Applications. So as long as I have support from the community I will continue to publish Portable Applications.

Code: Select all

- Added Multi-language support.
- Introduced the new command /gui for displaying a UI that can be used to ProEject drives. (See below)
- Improved the speed of ProEject by optimising the sourcecode.
For those who love GUI's, today I worked on an old version of EjectUSB GUI that I had lying around, it was from June 2009. (The code was very ugly!) ;) As I still want to keep ProEject simple to use I decided that having a commandline argument would be better, because my initial criteria is the application should be click and go without the fuss*.

Suggestions, comments, bug reports are very welcomed.

How to use:

Code: Select all

ProEject.exe /gui
Screenshot:

*Of course after the settings have been set.

I will post when I've updated the website >> http://softwarespot.wordpress.com/software/proeject/

Lupo73

#28 Post by Lupo73 »

I'm a little busy today too.. I'll test it this evening :wink:

guinness

#29 Post by guinness »

No worries, I haven't uploaded it yet :)

guinness

#30 Post by guinness »

A second beta release with a ton of features is coming tomorrow, so get ready for a new & improved program that will change your USB Drive :D