What do you want done with JauntePE in the near future?

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.

What do you want done to JPE after the MCH DLL is no longer distributed with JPE?

Leave the JPE distributables as is without the MCH DLL and continue with the 01* bug fixing
13%
Leave the JPE distributables as is without the MCH DLL and finish the 02* version
No votes
Statically link MCH into JPE so the distributed JPEs are usuable by all and continue with the 01* bug fixing and then maybe later on someone will find an MCH replacement
80%
Stop distribution, create a source-code only project on SourceForge, and wait for someone to add their own dll-injecting and api-hooking library to it
7%

Total votes: 15

redllar

#46 Post by redllar »

Okay guys, I have a question for you?

I think I'm at a point of giving you something useful. At least Firewrath is able to use it now. But it needs more testing to make sure all of the performance and bug-fixing rewriting I did didn't break something that used to work.

So, would you be willing to take a minimally documented package of just a generic launcher and the jpe dll? You would have to be willing to edit inis, both for the launch settings as well as the dll runtime settings.

The way you would do a "build portable" would be to simply copy the generic launcher someplace and then create a launch ini for it (the launch ini could also be the dll runtime ini.) The way you would do a "discover usage" would be to add a [Redirection]Discover=1 setting to the runtime ini. There would be no gui to help you extract the reg entries for now though.

I can also give you a number of examples of how to use the new features and settings. Plus docs that I've converted to html and am currently working on expanding.

Zach Thibeau

:)

#47 Post by Zach Thibeau »

I'm game :), do I pm you or drop an email to you :)

Andrew Lee

#48 Post by Andrew Lee »

I vote for testing your latest version of JPE without the GUI.

sgp

#49 Post by sgp »

Testing without GUI is fine for me.

redllar

#50 Post by redllar »

I've decided, for my sanity's sake, to just continue testing on my own. Sorry for the bother.

sgp

#51 Post by sgp »

OK: own sanity >> (much greater than) software projects :D

Zach Thibeau

Ya know

#52 Post by Zach Thibeau »

Ya know it's ok, but I hope to see the end results soon, great work redllar