Ready-made JPE wrapper for xplorer² lite

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
Andrew Lee

Ready-made JPE wrapper for xplorer² lite

#1 Post by Andrew Lee »

I have created a JPE wrapper for xplorer² lite.

If any of you want to try it, here it is: xplorer2lite-jpe-20070822.zip. Just copy "xplorer2.exe" to the same folder and run "xplorer2_portable.exe". The xplorer² lite setup file can be extracted using Universal Extractor.

If enough people try it and have no problems with it, I will host the wrapper and point to it in the database entry.
Last edited by Andrew Lee on Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kranor

#2 Post by Kranor »

I don't know if we can do anything about it but everytime you start it You get the tips window. No matter what changes are made you always get the tips window. I'm sick of the tips window. Can we get rid of the tips Window? (Has anyone figured out yet that I hate tip windows ?) LOL

Edit:

Just found out that tips are on a program start counter as well. just open and close it a few times and they will stop appearing. Don't know yet if this will reset on every computer....

crownixx

#3 Post by crownixx »

hi Andrew,
what about MadCodehook licence in your wrapper?
The packages "madDisAsm", "madExcept", "madRemote", "madKernel", "madCodeHook",
"madSecurity" and "madShell" may be used freely for non-commercial purpose,
without buying a license, provided that:
(4) The mentioned packages must not be transferred to any third party unless such third party receives a copy of this agreement and agrees to be bound by all of its terms and conditions.

Andrew Lee

#4 Post by Andrew Lee »

what about MadCodehook licence in your wrapper?
Thanks crownixx! I have updated the ZIP package to include the license file.
I don't know if we can do anything about it but everytime you start it You get the tips window. No matter what changes are made you always get the tips window. I'm sick of the tips window. Can we get rid of the tips Window? (Has anyone figured out yet that I hate tip windows ?) LOL
I can't reproduce this problem. Anyone else experienced this? I start with a clean copy, run xplorer2_portable.exe. Then when the tip shows up, I just uncheck "Show me tips every time". Then I don't get it again. I also verify that the reg file contains ""nTipOfTheDay"=hex(4):00,00,00,00" i.e. is set to 0, which controls this behaviour.

Chris

#5 Post by Chris »

Anyone else experienced this? I start with a clean copy, run xplorer2_portable.exe.
Everything works okay with me. After check the checkbox "Don't show this message again" and uncheck "Show me tips every day", I rerun the Xplorer2 Lite and I found no window tip.
Just found out that tips are on a program start counter as well. just open and close it a few times and they will stop appearing. Don't know yet if this will reset on every computer....
I believe the tips setting is in the registry. Because when I delete the portable registry, the tips appear again. I think what you experiencing was that the setting would be discarded each time you closed Xplorer2 Lite.
Maybe you set a folder for where the portable registry should be, but forgot to create the folder. Also could be that MemRegistry=4 is set in the ini, or you could be experiencing a real bug.
If you have some time, please do small tests to make sure that it's not a bug. Thanks.

redllar

#6 Post by redllar »

Don't forget the JPE license file too. :)

EDIT: Oh, and I need to modify the JPE license to include a blurb about the icons it's using.

And, is it okay to have the xplorer^2 lite icon on the launcher? Just thought I'd ask to make sure you don't have to redo the package later.

Andrew Lee

#7 Post by Andrew Lee »

Don't forget the JPE license file too. :)
OK, I have redone the package with the latest V0.1.5 release. MemRegistry=1 works now, so I am making that the default. I have also added the appendix "-jpe" and the package date to the new ZIP package.
And, is it okay to have the xplorer^2 lite icon on the launcher? Just thought I'd ask to make sure you don't have to redo the package later.
You mean does the xplorer2lite license permit that?

redllar

#8 Post by redllar »

Andrew Lee wrote:You mean does the xplorer2lite license permit that?
Yeah, or will the dev okay it. That can be a sticky issue with some devs.

Also, if you can wait until I get the new JPE gui out, you'll be able to build a launcher that will allow the launched exe to be located in another directory, and/or you'll be able to rename the launched exe so that it doesn't accidentally get executed, e.g., rename xplorer.exe to xplorer.exe.dontrun.

Andrew Lee

#9 Post by Andrew Lee »

Also, if you can wait until I get the new JPE gui out, you'll be able to build a launcher that will allow the launched exe to be located in another directory, and/or you'll be able to rename the launched exe so that it doesn't accidentally get executed, e.g., rename xplorer.exe to xplorer.exe.dontrun.
Sure, I am not in a hurry :D. It would be really nice to be able to isolate the wrapped app in a different subfolder, and the settings in another subfolder etc.