JPE AutoWizard v2.0.3 -no longer support-

Discuss anything related to JauntePE, the utlimate utility to help you tame non-portable applications. Share your experience about the apps that work with JauntePE, and the apps that don't.
redllar

#31 Post by redllar »

This isn't really a bug in JPE. It's just undocumented behavior. :) Or actually, it's partially undocumented behavior. It has been documented here in this forum. Maybe even in this very thread.

The problem is with using the JPE command line version to do the build. There is no option for it to tell it where to put the dlls. So moving them to the app directory does nothing for the launcher. It's still using the relative path between it and the JPE exe used to build it as the path to go look for the dlls.

The build wizard defaults to having the dlls in the app directory though. So moving the dlls to the app directory is the only way the launcher would work in that case. You would have the same problem with the launcher if you used your old app to build the launcher but then deleted the copied-over dlls.

So, just to make sure that it's understood: There is a relative path stored in the launcher that tells it where the jpe runtime dlls are. This path is created at the time the launcher is built. By default, if the launcher is built by the build wizard then that path will be ".\". You can of course change that via the build wizard when it asks you where the jpe runtime dlls will be stored at the time the launcher is used. Also by default, if the launcher is built through the jpe exe command line, that relative path from the launcher to the jpe runtime dlls is the same as the relative path between the app exe that the launcher is being built for and the jpe exe being used to do the building. Since there is no jpe exe command line build option for specifying where the jpe runtime dlls will be at the time the launcher is used, that's the only path it can use.

The reason it was done this way was for flexible placement of the jpe runtime dlls. Everybody wanted/wants to run these launchers in every configuration imaginable. It's just that, in your case, the command line build switch is missing to allow you to specify the relative path from the launcher to the jpe runtime dlls as ".\".

When I have the time I'll try and add this in. I think there's some other switchs missing as well. But I can't release it until I get the rest of the gui changes done.

And I think I know what that beep's for. You should be getting a message along with it that tells you it can't find the dlls. There's a bug in certain versions of Windows like XP with SP1. I put in a workaround for the JPE exes but I must have forgotten about the launcher.

crownixx

#32 Post by crownixx »

Also by default, if the launcher is built through the jpe exe command line, that relative path from the launcher to the jpe runtime dlls is the same as the relative path between the app exe that the launcher is being built for and the jpe exe being used to do the building.
thanks alot for this information.. well then the trick that i should do is to copy the JauntePE.exe with other JPE runtime dlls to the application folder, build the launcher, then delete back only JauntePE.exe.. With that i should be able to get the commandline build launcher that have ".\" path to JPE runtime dlls.

Here's the new JPE AutoWizard v2.0.3. just add the log info if user would like to see the switches that AutoWizard used to build the launcher. It can be turn on or off
http://mihd.net/mka7t3
hope it can work

Zach Thibeau

500 - Internal Server Error

#33 Post by Zach Thibeau »

crownixx wrote:
Also by default, if the launcher is built through the jpe exe command line, that relative path from the launcher to the jpe runtime dlls is the same as the relative path between the app exe that the launcher is being built for and the jpe exe being used to do the building.
thanks alot for this information.. well then the trick that i should do is to copy the JauntePE.exe with other JPE runtime dlls to the application folder, build the launcher, then delete back only JauntePE.exe.. With that i should be able to get the commandline build launcher that have "." path to JPE runtime dlls.

Here's the new JPE AutoWizard v2.0.3. just add the log info if user would like to see the switches that AutoWizard used to build the launcher. It can be turn on or off
http://mihd.net/mka7t3
hope it can work
500 - Internal Server Error for your url. email me the package in 7zip format and I'll host it like I did the other version ;)
EDIT: Never Mind it's working this time
Mirror:
http://jpeautowizard.thibeaz.com/Releas ... v2.0.3.rar

crownixx

#34 Post by crownixx »

thanks thibeaz
added the link in 1st post

v2.0.3 UPDATE:
1. fix on the problem about relative path between launcher and jpe runtime dlls
2. add log info- can be set on or off in the settings.ini
3. change user dialog bog. user will have option wheter to explore or not the application folder

chausaiman

I would like to download this software but...

#35 Post by chausaiman »

I would like to download this software

But the download link is already expired

So

I would like to know is there anybody can upload this software to ours download ?

Please

I am search this software name in many search engine , but none was found

Zach Thibeau

#36 Post by Zach Thibeau »

thats because it is no longer supported.
http://portablefreeware.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4224 this is for the latest version of JauntePE

chausaiman

#37 Post by chausaiman »

In there everyone

I am beg you

Can you upload you owned the JPE Auto Wizard to the web ?

The JuantePE is too difficulty to use it

I don't know how to use The JPE Config Modifier

Please !

The version is latest or not , i am not mind

I am need it is convenient me to portable the software to USB

crownixx

#38 Post by crownixx »

chausaiman wrote: The JuantePE is too difficulty to use it

I don't know how to use The JPE Config Modifier
You're wrong. I could feel that you still don't play with it yet. If you already have the latest jauntePE, then try open the readme.html and look a tool name JPE Quicke