Internet Explorer uninstall tool?

Any other tech-related topics
donald

Internet Explorer uninstall tool?

#1 Post by donald »

Cant find the program to uninstall IE completely

I can remember the rejected ware-applications portable Internet Explorer

one of the various ware threads had a link to a developers program for testing multiple IE iterations

also I believe in the same thread or at least at the same time I found a link that took me to a website with a Program designed to completely remove explorer from windows

can anyone direct me to this program

I cant find the ware threads and suspect they are deleted or under a name I would never use

m^(2)

#2 Post by m^(2) »

What for? :o

usdcs

#3 Post by usdcs »

Also, doesn't Windows itself rely on IE? For example, doesn't the Help and Support center use the IE engine?

- Dan

donald

what for

#4 Post by donald »

The registry can be reset to your favorite browser

This allows you to dump IE totally

It is an exercise in control over your property to reduce the shameless

spy ware called an OS by Micro$oft

by removing the IE you now have a slightly reduced data transparency to M$ with your private data

Next on my list schedule removal of Media player etc

This exercise is a way to not just add some data obscurity so that M$ doesn't Know everything you do but to also learn a little about how to fix the "breaks" by changing the reg entries to redirect to another browser etc

In the end M$ is a dead end & I await React OS and hope the project isn't dead (it is supposed to run all M$ compatible software)

but I can always reformat and reinstall until then if I break it

The majority of computers are M$ and the majority of programs reflect this
___
M$ = Null Micro$oft
null  /nʌl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nuhl] ...
–adjective
1.without value, effect, consequence, or significance.
2.being or amounting to nothing; nil; lacking; nonexistent.
3.Mathematics. (of a set)
a.empty.
b.of measure zero.
4.being or amounting to zero.
–noun
5.Electronics. a point of minimum signal reception, as on a radio direction finder or other electronic meter.
–verb (used with object)
6.to cancel; make null.
—Idiom
7.null and void, without legal force or effect; not valid: This contract is null and void.

So lets hope that soon someone, Nulls Micro$oft
___
M$ = Null Micro$oft

Local

#5 Post by Local »

I don't know if this will help at all but the only two programs I have that can do this are IEradicator which only works on 95 to 98 and, I believe, XPLite which is not freeware.

One of these may be what you remember as I get just about all my software from this site and peoples recommendations here.

Stone Tablet

nLite

#6 Post by Stone Tablet »

Not uninstall but works on Fresh installs...

See:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS- ... Lite.shtml

nLite description

Remove Windows components like Media Player, Internet Explorer, Outlook Express and more
nLite is a GUI for permanent Windows component removal by your choice.

After removal there is an option to make bootable image ready for burning on cd or testing in virtual machines.

With nLite you will be able to have Windows installation which on install doesn't include, or even contain on cd, unwanted components.

Mainly, it's a little bit of a slipstreamer, customizer, reducer and iso creator all in one package.

Quick overview :

1. Slipstream - After you extract it to any folder and ran it, you can browse and point to folder on hard drive which contains your Windows installation.
If you pointed to right folder with i386 in it and Windows id files, nLite will detect if you have already slipstreamed SP1 or SP2, and if not it will change Browse button to Slipstream, when pressed it asks for Service Pack installation file (or update.exe if you extracted it). Then it Slipstreams it passively. Or you can configure your existing version without slipstreaming.

2. Customize/Reduce - Choose which components to remove from your Windows installation permanently. It's version independent, it's possible because I'm not using filelists, well, allmost. There is only an inf-filelist which then gets parsed for used files, so ~95% of file names are automatically generated from your own inf's. The other 5% are manually added. Most likely nLite will work with future versions of Windows XP without any problem.

3. Advanced Options - Make sure to keep Data directory with nLite and all the files in it unrenamed. Added automatic hacking of syssetup.dll for OOBE disabling (if you choose to remove it, this will not crack Activation). SFC is entirely disabled too simply by copying hacked dll from Data and adjusting registry. Many options to add in the future, priority so far was on reduction issues.

4. Make ISO - This section is using external file datacdimage.exe which I believe don't need introducing. When reduction process finishes you can copy additional files to installation directory and then press Make ISO, it will ask you for desired ISO name and location.

Here are some key features of "nLite":

· Service Pack Integration
· Component Removal
· Unattended Setup
· Driver Integration
· Hotfixes Integration
· Tweaks
· Patches
· Bootable ISO creation