TPFC Clock

Any other tech-related topics
JohnW

TPFC Clock

#1 Post by JohnW »

A totally trivial question but...
Why does the TPFC Forum show the date/time as...

"It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 8.04 am"

When my own time is 7/27/3.41 pm (It's BST)

The TPFC time does not change unless I exit the forum and re-enter.

Obviously I'm aware of time zones but I was under the impression that these changed by hour intervals.

webfork

Re: TPFC Clock

#2 Post by webfork »

If you hover around a few spots in India and other places this map, you'll see there's a 30 minute difference.

However, based on my analysis of the times you gave, that's not a time that should exist. The -6 MDT format should exist on an hourly format. I have no idea.

Andrew Lee

#3 Post by Andrew Lee »

First of all, there is a drift of 20 minutes due to a misconfigured NTP daemon. That has been fixed.

Secondly, the time is shown is always UTC+11, and if you reload the page, it should reflect the latest time (UTC+11). That part checks out.

Any other issues?

JohnW

#4 Post by JohnW »

Thanks Andrew for taking the trouble. It was of course the 20 sec drift that perplexed me.
Thanks also to Webfork; that is an interesting time map and sure enough there were some 30 minute differences.

webfork

#5 Post by webfork »

JohnW wrote:Thanks also to Webfork; that is an interesting time map and sure enough there were some 30 minute differences.
Sure thing. That TimeAndDate.com site is huge when dealing with folks in different parts of the world. And of course World Clock Portable :)

JohnW

#6 Post by JohnW »

Coincidentally, billon has just added Nirsoft's latest offering (TimeZonesView) to the database.
It shows several +30 minute locations and some +45 minute locations. You live and learn!