Merge tabs?

Any other tech-related topics
Marc

Merge tabs?

#1 Post by Marc »

I'm constantly saving webpages for future reference. But sometimes it is hard to save them in an easy to read scheme. For example there's the Re-Pagination Firefox addon and PageZipper bookmarklet that concatenate "next" or "back" pages in the same tab. But at times there's no next or back button or no defined next or back pages. With Mozilla Archive Format they can be saved in one file but in order to read them tabs have to painfully be selected and read one by one; no quick scrolling, even when there's little content per page.
Is there any addon or bookmarklet to load any tab/page or several after another? in other words to mix the contents of different pages into one.
Edit: Did some editions; hopefully the description is more clear now.

webfork

Re: Merge tabs?

#2 Post by webfork »

A few suggestions:

Having done a lot of work trying to archive pages of a website that does not want to be archived, I'd start with DownThemAll. That program has a huge amount of functionality and a fairly simple interface.

You also might check the web pages for a "print article" option as there are a few sites (like this one) that will give you a printer-friendly view that's easier to save. Sometimes search engines for whatever reason find these where they're not terribly easy to locate on the main site interface.

Other tools include Instantpaper, Pocket, or the less service-dependent wallabag, which I've been wanting to test for a while now.