2015 PortableApps.com Website Upgrade

Any other tech-related topics
Mike.S.G.

2015 PortableApps.com Website Upgrade

#1 Post by Mike.S.G. »

Anyone notice PortableApps site upgrade :?: Work is still ongoing as of this post :D

Home || News || Apps

I am Baas

Re: PortableApps.com Website Upgrade

#2 Post by I am Baas »

And?

Mike.S.G.

#3 Post by Mike.S.G. »

I am Baas wrote:And?
I need 50 posts.

And you, rather than troll, if a post is too trivial for your sensibilities :arrow: ignore it :!: Didn't know the mention of a site upgrade needed an explanation over and above the mere mention of it, it's information.

joby_toss

#4 Post by joby_toss »

The flat look must be a good thing, everyone else trying to get somewhere seems to adopt this one...

For me, looks are not important. The information provided is. And PA.c offers great amount of good info, so I don't care about its looks (although I hate the flat look in general; am I selfish or what?! :lol:).

I am Baas

#5 Post by I am Baas »

Mike.S.G. wrote:
I am Baas wrote:And?
I need 50 posts.

And you, rather than troll, if a post is too trivial for your sensibilities :arrow: ignore it :!: Didn't know the mention of a site upgrade needed an explanation over and above the mere mention of it, it's information.
You are probably so thick, I forgive you. However, I need to vent... The "And?" in my initial response meant to indicate "so what?", suggesting I did not care about the upgrade. You are f*ck nobody to tell me if and how I should comment. Hope you find this informative.

bzl333

#6 Post by bzl333 »

yes, the Welcoming Committee at it again.

I am Baas

#7 Post by I am Baas »

bzl333 with another non-related comment.

joby_toss

#8 Post by joby_toss »

Yet I feel the old look was more informative with its icons from the news page entries... hope the upgrade is not finished and some sort of icons will still be added (entry updated, new entry...).

tproli

#9 Post by tproli »

joby_toss wrote:The flat look must be a good thing, everyone else trying to get somewhere seems to adopt this one...
I actually do like flat designs. Probably because I've seen many over-complicated websites at work :)

Let's wait how the final PA site will look before judge. The responsiveness is a big plus.

As a sidenote, I'm working on the new yaP site in these weeks and it will be also flat. FLAT AS HELL :)

bzl333

#10 Post by bzl333 »

I am Baas wrote:bzl333 with another non-related comment.
you're chasing people away from this site. and your creepy avatar doesn't help either.

Mike.S.G.

#11 Post by Mike.S.G. »

I am Turd wrote:You are probably so thick, I forgive you. However, I need to vent... The "And?" in my initial response meant to indicate "so what?", suggesting I did not care about the upgrade. You are f*ck nobody to tell me if and how I should comment. Hope you find this informative.
What you need is a head doctor, tough guy, but no affect on me clown. And like I figured, you're an internet turd, web detritus! I'll keep telling you like it is until you get it figured out. If you ever leave the basement you'll be ready for the world that definitely wont like you, I'm sure you've already realized this -- I doubt it.

I am Turd = Ignore the Troll

Mike.S.G.

#12 Post by Mike.S.G. »

bzl333 wrote:you're chasing people away from this site. and your creepy avatar doesn't help either.
So true, who wants to put up with idiots like this that are abrasive and nasty simply to be abrasive and nasty -- when unprovoked! The only option is to flush, spray, then ignore. Sad, otherwise TPFC seems OK.

BTW, the avatar does fit the personality perfectly, first clue.

guinness

#13 Post by guinness »

tproli wrote:FLAT AS HELL :)
That's pretty flat init! I wonder what the next fad will be after flat design?

tproli,

Do you have a set of "flat ui swatches" that you use, as recently I have used this site?

tproli

#14 Post by tproli »

guinness wrote:
tproli wrote:FLAT AS HELL :)
That's pretty flat init! I wonder what the next fad will be after flat design?
No idea. I guess it will stay for a while because responsive websites needs simple designs.

I checked both the site you linked and bootflat for colors but finally used custom colors.

bzl333

#15 Post by bzl333 »

Mike.S.G. wrote:
bzl333 wrote:you're chasing people away from this site. and your creepy avatar doesn't help either.
So true, who wants to put up with idiots like this that are abrasive and nasty simply to be abrasive and nasty -- when unprovoked! The only option is to flush, spray, then ignore. Sad, otherwise TPFC seems OK.

BTW, the avatar does fit the personality perfectly, first clue.
yeah, i think he tried to pull the same crap on me two or three years ago. it gets old. and i wonder why the site isnt growing and only about 10 members regularly contributing.

Welcome to the site in case no one said it yet and hope you continue to post.