Looking for an Old Program - EXE-based restrictions

Any other tech-related topics
romulous

Looking for an Old Program - EXE-based restrictions

#1 Post by romulous »

This is a long shot, I know - but I remember an old freeware program that allowed you to set restrictions on an .exe by .exe basis. I seem to recall that you could load an executable into it, and then disable actions that you did not want that executable to be able to do - such as access the internet.

Trouble is, I cannot now remember the name of said program, and two hours of googling have turned up nothing. As I say it is a long shot - but does anyone here remember the app I describe? I mention the example of being able to block internet access for an executable - it wasn't a network firewall program.

Thanks.

gezley

Re: Looking for an Old Program

#2 Post by gezley »

Was it Process Guard by DiamondCS?

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

Very late to the party on this one but maybe it was AppAdmin? https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1984

appsuser

#4 Post by appsuser »

I know the OP said no network firewalls, but it does sound like he's talking about a host-based application firewall or some type of rights/policy restrictive program. Maybe something more like SterJo NetStalker or Comodo's free firewall software, which has a lot of application-specific blocking features.

math123

#5 Post by math123 »

I think It maybe was AppAdmin