Off-topic answers

Any other tech-related topics
joby_toss

Off-topic answers

#1 Post by joby_toss »

webfork wrote:Can I borrow a knife?
Sure, anytime! The shipping costs would be quite high, though! :)

Man, you're living a dream! You are in Texas! You can carry a knife and even a gun in public! And the most important thing: you are allowed to use them for self defense!
In my country only bad people do that. Even police men that use a gun to hurt criminals are most of the time sent to jail! Yes, you read it right! :(

carbonize

Re: Off-topic answers

#2 Post by carbonize »

I'm trying to figure out if that was sarcasm or not :-/

joby_toss

#3 Post by joby_toss »

No sarcasm at all! I would really like to be able to carry a gun or a knife all the time.

You are from UK. Your laws regarding every day knife carrying are also very restrictive (only slipjoints, under 3 inch blades etc.). Don't you feel wronged?

It's just a stupid law. I could very well kill someone with my bare hands. Should I cut'em off?
I am allowed to carry a 30 inch umbrella. Do you know how dangerous an umbrella can be?
In my country the answer is very simple: we're cowards (yes, me too). :(

carbonize

#4 Post by carbonize »

Everybody being allowed to carry a firearm does not make the world a safer place. Going postal is more common in societies with lax gun laws.

joby_toss

#5 Post by joby_toss »

Wat's "going postal" have to do with my right of carrying a self defense weapon?
In UK, carrying a gun is also prohibited. Anyone "went postal" there?

Island Boy

#6 Post by Island Boy »

street fighting guide

http://aelinik.free.fr/s0.htm

Hope this helps.

carbonize

#7 Post by carbonize »

joby_toss wrote:Wat's "going postal" have to do with my right of carrying a self defense weapon?
In UK, carrying a gun is also prohibited. Anyone "went postal" there?
And just how often do we get someone going on a rampage here in the UK? Not very often is the answer. Now how often do we hear of some kid going off the rails in American and going on a killing spree with their parents firearms? I mean your comeback is a news story from 2004? You didn't even bother to find the most recent one which was Raoul Moat last year.

joby_toss

#8 Post by joby_toss »

I am Baas wrote:Cool. Is the $14.84 wasted?
No, not at all! There are many additional functions (not many as in more, but many as in more useful for a screencap app). :) Even the transparency is superior (you can see through the titlebar).
Last edited by joby_toss on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

carbonize

#9 Post by carbonize »

Island Boy wrote:street fighting guide

http://aelinik.free.fr/s0.htm
That's got to be one of the funniest self defence tutorials I have read. The images are seriously bad and a lot of the instructions are liable to just get you in to more trouble :lol:

joby_toss

#10 Post by joby_toss »

carbonize wrote:And just how often do we get someone going on a rampage here in the UK? Not very often is the answer. Now how often do we hear of some kid going off the rails in American and going on a killing spree with their parents firearms? I mean your comeback is a news story from 2004? You didn't even bother to find the most recent one which was Raoul Moat last year.
First of all I'm not trying to be rude, or a "smart ass"! Sorry for that!

My final thoughts are these: no matter how many stupid people are walking this Earth, I feel that it's my right to be able to defend myself (gun or knife included) or to cut an apple in the middle of the street without being arrested. It's as simple as that!

carbonize

#11 Post by carbonize »

joby_toss wrote:I feel that it's my right to be able to defend myself (gun or knife included) or to cut an apple in the middle of the street without being arrested. It's as simple as that!
joby_toss wrote:You are from UK. Your laws regarding every day knife carrying are also very restrictive (only slipjoints, under 3 inch blades etc.).
3" should be enough to cut an apple ;)

joby_toss

#12 Post by joby_toss »

Yes, in UK. Not here. :(

lautrepay

#13 Post by lautrepay »

If someday, in the place where my children grow up, people become accustomed to carrying firearms in the streets, whether permitted or not, that will be the day that I'll think seriously about moving.
Living in a place like this is not a dream, it is a real nightmare.

joby_toss

#14 Post by joby_toss »

But this law only stops good people to carry one. Bad people are carrying weapons anyway, law or not law.

Midas

#15 Post by Midas »

carbonize wrote:Everybody being allowed to carry a firearm does not make the world a safer place. Going postal is more common in societies with lax gun laws.
I have to agree...