How To Stop Jehovah Witness Visits?

Any other tech-related topics
m^(2)

Re: How To Stop Jehovah Witness Visits?

#16 Post by m^(2) »

Hydaral wrote:
-.- wrote:just grab them by the arm and pull them inside saying something like hi welcome, come in (first after closing doors, have them take off their shoes) and we can talk some more about this
Sounds like there might be assault charges in your future though.
I've heard that in some places there are some extreme assault rules, but hey, that's utter nonsense.
Is it *really* in any way dangerous in your country?
If yes, could you tell us what's the country?
ADDED: BTW, Magibon, I see that since starting the discussion you stay quiet. What's up?

juvera

#17 Post by juvera »

You want to stop them because their applications are neither portable nor freeware?

-.-

#18 Post by -.- »

hm Yes but where I live I can paint trees with a purple line for trespassers...
An example of not adhering to the purple markings or no trespassing signs would be as follows. Under Missoui's law:
"The statute provides that any person trespassing onto property marked by purple paint can be found guilty of
a first-degree trespassing charge. Any unauthorized entry onto property marked with the purple paint marks is
considered a trespass. First-degree trespassing is a Class B Misdemeanor, with potential punishment of a
maximum $500 fine and/or a maximum of 6 months in jail."
All you have to do is make sure there is no gap more than around 25 feet throughout the perimeter of your land... Well I think it's a bit more than 25 feet, but just on safe side I used 25 feet, plus I don't got much area to cover anyways :D

dmg

#19 Post by dmg »

A few years back a group of little old ladies came to our door. It was obvious they were Jehovah's Witnesses but they did not come out and say it. They started asking a few vague theological questions, but before they got going I informed them that everyone living at our house is already a Christian (which is true). They did not seem deterred, until they asked a question about God's name. Then I launch into a fifteen minute speech about the names of God listed in the bible, their meanings and origins, ending with the name Jehovah. When I had finished they all had these faint, queasy looking smiles and a glossy look in their eyes. They left and never came back. Now, I can't be sure if my Bible knowledge intimidated them, or if I just bored them to tears, but whatever the cause I have not seen a Jehovah's Witness at my door in nearly a decade. :D

Hydaral

#20 Post by Hydaral »

m^(2) wrote:
Hydaral wrote:
-.- wrote:just grab them by the arm and pull them inside saying something like hi welcome, come in (first after closing doors, have them take off their shoes) and we can talk some more about this
Sounds like there might be assault charges in your future though.
I've heard that in some places there are some extreme assault rules, but hey, that's utter nonsense.
Is it *really* in any way dangerous in your country?
If yes, could you tell us what's the country?
Yes, it probably is extreme, but technically, assault is any intentional physical contact with another person without their consent, and grabbing someone and pulling them inside your house certainly qualifies, perhaps even for kidnapping/abduction. I very much doubt the prosecution would get very far, but it is a possibility.

Magibon

#21 Post by Magibon »

m^(2) wrote: ADDED: BTW, Magibon, I see that since starting the discussion you stay quiet. What's up?

just soaking everything up..

i really didn't want to leave a note: i felt i was being a wuss but i really didn't want to deal.

but that's what i have decided to do, but i haven't seen them this week.
i'll leave it out there for another week before taking it down.

of course it's a nice but firm "im not interested". :)

thanks to everyone's suggestions ..

Magibon

#22 Post by Magibon »

ok.. today is my day off ..
i was at home doing chores..
usually i can avoid them by staying quiet ..

i took down that letter because they did not come last week..
either that or i/my neighbors did not see them..

today.. they came knocking as im making noise cleaning, vacuuming, etc ..
i seriously had it today..
this week makes it 2 1/2 months..
they come once, sometimes twice a week !

i ran out.. opened the door.. said: im busy and IM NOT INTERESTED and shut my door..
i hope this is the end of it..

they literally have become stalkers ..

i did not want to confront them..
but with these types of people..
this is the only language they understand..
otherwise they take advantage of your kindness..

m^(2)

#23 Post by m^(2) »

Good luck.

webfork

#24 Post by webfork »

Magibon wrote:they literally have become stalkers
Depending on what state you live in, anti-harassment laws are there to help. Get a documented exchange (I recommend video) where you explain you do not wish to be disturbed or contacted again and that you will call the police. Keep it clear, concise, and direct. Write down the dates (use the term "at or around" for dates you're not sure of) where you asked them not to contact you. Contact the police if they continue and file a report. Harassment is a real and prosecutable offense.

This might seem like overkill, but you have a right to not be disturbed after you've asked to be left alone and, at least in most states, legal recourse to enforce it.

1002Richards

#25 Post by 1002Richards »

Invite them in and say you've just got to boot up your PC and slip in a disc with Ubuntu Satanic Edition:
http://ubuntusatanic.org/news/about/
Quote:
"“Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea,
for the Devil sends the beast with wrath
because he knows the time is short…

Let him who hath understanding reckon
the distro of the beast,
for it is a Linux distro,
its distro is Ubuntu Satanic Edition.”

Screenshots: http://ubuntusatanic.org/screenshots.php

In the interests of harmony I must point out there's also an Ubuntu Christian Edition and an Ubuntu Muslim Edition (Sabily) before I upset anyone!!

m^(2)

#26 Post by m^(2) »