ToDoList is a hierarchical task manager that allows you to repeatedly sub-divide your tasks into more manageable pieces, which makes it ideal for IT-related projects as well as more general activities. Each task can be given a wide variety of attributes including priority, risk, color, category, and many more. Viewable in tree, list, or calendar format, and includes native XML support for custom reporting.
Created lists can be exported to a variety of formats including HTML, ICS (calendar), speadsheet, and more. Supports remote todolists and encryption for security.
Alternatively, ToDoList Portable from PortableApps.com is also available.
||Win95 / Win98 / WinME / WinNT / Win2K / WinXP / Vista / Win7
|Writes settings to:
MSXML V3 and above (included with IE 6 and above)
||No. Registers some components in the registry.
The Eclipse Public License 1.0
|How to extract:
- Download the ZIP package and extract to a folder of your choice
- Launch ToDoList.exe
- Select "Use an Ini File for storing my settings" in the dialog presented
- Once you have answered the other initial settings questions and the program starts, open the Preferences menu by clicking Tools - Preferences
- Uncheck the box marked Enable use of '.tdl' as a file extension for tasklists
- Added 'Ctrl+Mousewheel' zooming in calendar
- Turned off bold attribute in calendar fonts
- Added recurring task support to iCal export
- Added 'Icon' attribute type to custom attribute setup
- Added more options to searching by 'Relative' dates, including 'End of Week/Month/Year'.
- Added 'Alloc to' to 'To' line of email
- Added checkbox to task selection dialog to allow comments to be selected for 'Visible Columns'
- Added preference to always hide parent tasks in list-view
- Added task dependents to info-tip
- Added ability to copy and paste RTF formatting
- Added preference to control 'Percent Done' increments
- Added preference to locate 'Comments' and 'Fields' to left of tasklist
- Added support recurring reminders for recurring tasks
- Added checkboxes to allow custom attributes to be disabled in addition to being deleted
- Added button to allow custom attributes to be imported from another tasklist
- Added new visual styles for printing: Wrapped, Tabular and Paragraph.
- Added a preference has been added to calculate a parent task's due date as being the latest of its subtasks' due dates
- Added preferences to calculate a parent task's start date as being the earliest/latest of its subtasks' start dates
- Added a button to the custom attribute dialog to allow symbols to be used for column titles
- Added a button to allow custom attributes to be imported from another tasklist
- Added support for relative custom dates.
- Allow 'flag' custom attributes to be settable via clicking the tasklist column
- Allow searching on all tasks even if in filtered view
- Improved task caching performance
- Extended 'Recurrence' dialog to support 'First in Month' etc
- Auto-save preferences have been changed to be entirely user-specified
- Heaps of fixes and tweaks