EditPad Lite is a fast and lightweight general-purpose text editor. It allows you to open many files simultaneously, and switch between them using tabs. It also supports many functions for text manipulation and conversion.
A 64-bit version is available. EditPad's installer now automatically installs a 64-bit version of EditPad on 64-bit Windows.
||WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8 / Win10
|Writes settings to:
||No. Creates HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JGsoft on Windows 8.1.
Free for non-commercial use
|How to extract:
- Download and run the installer
- Select the Create Portable Installation option
- Check treat all drives as removable drives and save to a drive of your choice. The program will save to the root of that drive.
- Optionally, move EditPadLite from the root to a folder of your choice
- Launch EditPadLite7.exe
Notepad++, NoteTab Light
- Clip Collection: If AceText crashes or becomes unresponsive, EditPad now silently abandons its connection with AceText instead of spewing an infinite stream of "the RPC server is unavailable" errors.
- Forum: Splitter positions in forum are not preserved when restarting EditPad.
- Preferences|System: Turning on the option to erase history lists stopped the search panel from saving its search term but did not erase the previously saved search term, if any.
- Regex: Quantifiers on literal line breaks counted CRLF as two iterations instead of one iteration.
- Regex: Quantifiers on literal line breaks were highlighted as errors.
- Search: Whole words only searches are now consistent between forwards searches, backwards searches, and match highlighting.
- Spell check panel scaled itself twice to high DPI monitors, causing the buttons to be enormous and the list of suggestions to be obscured by them on very high DPI monitors.
- Windows 10: Closing EditPad when it is not maximized and with the left or top edge of the window touching the left or top edge of the desktop caused it to start up slightly wider or taller next time (7.4.0 only).