EditPad Lite is a fast and lightweight general-purpose text editor. It allows you to open many files simultaneously, and switch between them using tabs. It also supports many functions for text manipulation and conversion.
A 64-bit version is available. EditPad's installer now automatically installs a 64-bit version of EditPad on 64-bit Windows.
||WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8
|Writes settings to:
||No. Creates HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JGsoft on Windows 8.1.
Free for non-commercial use
|How to extract:
- Download and run the installer
- Select the Create Portable Installation option
- Check treat all drives as removable drives and save to a drive of your choice. The program will save to the root of that drive.
- Optionally, move EditPadLite from the root to a folder of your choice
- Launch EditPadLite7.exe
Notepad++, NoteTab Light
Preferences|Cursors: Custom mouse pointers now scale on high DPI systems just like the standard mouse pointers.
- Double-clicking the same file twice in Windows Explorer while EditPad is not running may start a new EditPad instance wtih two tabs for the file when the two double clicks are timed just so.
- Occasional random crashes when a single 64-bit EditPad instance was using more than 4 GB of memory (or an immediate crash on startup when the AllocationPreference registry key forces memory to be allocated from the top down).
- Regex: Syntax highlighting indicated numbered backreferences that use the syntax for named backreferences as errors even though EditPad allows such backreferences (as long as there is a group with the specified number).
- Search: Changing the search term or replacement string via the right-click menus of the drop-down list does not show the selected term until keyboard focus is moved away from the drop-down list.
- Windows 7: Minimizing EditPad when the option to hide the taskbar button is turned on in Options|Preferences|System left a non-functional taskbar button instead of hiding it (7.3.7 only).