EditPad Lite is a small and compact general-purpose text editor. It allows you to open many files simultaneously, and switch between them using tabs. It also supports many functions for text manipulation and conversion.
A 64-bit version is available. EditPad's installer now automatically installs a 64-bit version of EditPad on 64-bit Windows.
||WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8
|Writes settings to:
||Partial. Able to display Unicode text with the right font chosen, but unable to handle files with Unicode filenames.
Free for non-commercial use
|How to extract:
- Download and run the installer
- Select the Create Portable Installation option
- Check treat all drives as removable drives and save to a drive of your choice. The program will save to the root of that drive.
- Optionally, move EditPadLite from the root to a folder of your choice
- Launch EditPadLite7.exe
Notepad++, NoteTab Light
- Fallback fonts for complex script text layouts are now used in a more granular fashion, allowing smaller bits of text to be displayed with different fonts, ultimately allowing more characters to be displayed with the correct fallback font. This improves the rendering of text mixed with special symbols such as mathematical equations.
- Forum: HTTP proxy server support extended with more authentication methods.
- Forum: SOCKS proxy server support.
- Working copies: Do not automatically load working copies of unsaved files when there is already a running EditPad instance that cannot be reused because it is running with different permissions (admin vs non-admin).
- Forum continued to use the old proxy settings until you closed the forum window if you changed the proxy settings after having successfully connected to the forum.
- Pasting a small amount of text at the very start of a file fails if the text was copied from another file with a different line break style.
- Print: Adding a new color palette via the print preview failed with a "list index out of bounds" error.
- Search: Line by line search failed or hung when searching through all files and a file that wasn't the active file hadn't been fully scanned for line breaks yet.
Search: Regular expressions starting with \Z or starting with a lookbehind followed by \Z that could not find a match before the final line break in the file (because of the lookbehind or whatever follows \Z) caused EditPad Pro to hang if the file ended with a line break.
- Toolbars: Toolbar visibility was not preserved when restarting EditPad if you did not customize the toolbars at all other than changing which toolbars are visible.
- View|Custom Layouts: Loading a previously saved layout broke the Options|Word Wrap and Options|Text Layouts submenus.
- View|Custom Layouts: Saving a layout caused the bottom half of the Options|Word Wrap submenu to be doubled up.
- View|Custom Layouts|Delete removed the selected layout(s) from the menu but deleted the .ini files for the most recently added layout.
- Windows XP: Enabling the tray icon and the option to hide the taskbar button, opening and closing the text layout configuration dialog, and then minimizing EditPad did not hide the taskbar button; restoring EditPad via the taskbar button made EditPad's window edge and caption unresponsive.
- Windows XP: Enabling the tray icon and the option to hide the taskbar button, opening the forum, minimizing EditPad, and then restoring EditPad via the taskbar button made EditPad's window edge and caption unresponsive; hiding EditPad's taskbar button is not possible while the forum window is still open.