EditPad Lite is a fast and lightweight general-purpose text editor. It allows you to open many files simultaneously, and switch between them using tabs. It also supports many functions for text manipulation and conversion.
A 64-bit version is available. EditPad's installer now automatically installs a 64-bit version of EditPad on 64-bit Windows.
||WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8 / Win10
|Writes settings to:
||No. Creates HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JGsoft on Windows 8.1.
Free for non-commercial use
|How to extract:
- Download and run the installer
- Select the Create Portable Installation option
- Check treat all drives as removable drives and save to a drive of your choice. The program will save to the root of that drive.
- Optionally, move EditPadLite from the root to a folder of your choice
- Launch EditPadLite7.exe
- About box and demo messages now scale on systems using 200% or more display scaling.
- Toolbar icons are now doubled up in size on systems using 200% or more display scaling making the small icons suitable for 200% display scaling and the large ones for 300% scaling.
- Convert|Rot-13: When nothing is selected and thus the whole file is converted, the whole file also became needlessly selected.
- Search: Combo boxes for the search term and replacement (when using the Search toolbar without the full Search panel) did not scale their width on high DPI systems.
- Toolbars: Switching between small and large toolbar icons made the toolbars and menus unresponsive until you closed and restarted EditPad (7.4.0 and 7.4.1 only).