IrfanView is a fast and easy-to-use viewer with support for a wide variety image, audio and video formats. The program includes batch processing, creation of panoramic images, editing of multi-page TIFF files, lossless JPEG rotate/crop, and effects such as sharpen and blur. Other tools such as screen capture, scanner, slideshow, plugin support, and ability to capture icons from EXE or DLL
Alternatively, IrfanView Portable is also available and updates drive letters and handles registry keys.
Note: The "setup" version of IrfanView is adware.
||WinAll / Wine
|Writes settings to:
||Partial. There is a DLL that can be activated from the setting window but it doesn't cover everything.
Free for non-commerical use
|How to extract:
Note: Plugins adds 10 megs to the size and support for more graphics, audio, video, and more. Plugins for OCR and PDF tools are available separate download -- see thread in forums on how to enable them with portable installations.
- Download the ZIP package and extract to a folder of your choice
- Delete iv_uninstall.exe
- Optionally, download the plugins ZIP package and extract the contents to the Plugins sub folder
- Launch i_view32.exe
XnView, FastStone Image Viewer
- New File menu: Save Selection as (Hotkey: CTRL + SHIFT + B).
- New option in Capture dialog: Show timer countdown.
- New option in Export Tiles dialog: Extract all pages from multipage files.
- New option in Fine Rotation dialog: Select "best" old image.
- New option in Print dialog: No image overflow on page.
- New HTML-Export dialog option: Copy extra files to destination folder (prepare a "copy_files.txt" file with filenames).
- Some PCX/BMP/PPM loading bugs fixed.
- Improved FITS format loading.
- New text pattern: $R = image aspect ratio (width/height).
- New hotkey: CTRL + Click into selection = clear selection.
- Some minor fixes (Thumbnails/folder scan).
- Some workarounds for Windows 10 bugs/issues (Installer signature, Associations).
- Several PlugIns are changed/updated, please install the newest versions http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm.