IrfanView is a fast and easy-to-use viewer with support for a wide variety image, audio and video formats. The program includes batch processing, creation of panoramic images, editing of multi-page TIFF files, lossless JPEG rotate/crop, and effects such as sharpen and blur. Other tools such as screen capture, scanner, slideshow, plugin support, and ability to capture icons from EXE or DLL
Alternatively, IrfanView Portable is also available and updates drive letters and handles registry keys.
Note: the "setup" version of IrfanView is adware.
||WinAll / Wine
|Writes settings to:
||Partial. There is a DLL that can be activated from the setting window but it doesn't cover everything.
Free for non-commerical use
|How to extract:
Note: Plugins adds 10 megs to the size and support for more graphics, audio, video, and more. Plugins for OCR and PDF tools are available separate download -- see thread in forums on how to enable them with portable installations.
- Download the ZIP package and extract to a folder of your choice
- Delete iv_uninstall.exe
- Optionally, download the plugins ZIP package and extract the contents to the Plugins sub folder
- Launch i_view32.exe
FastStone Image Viewer
- New Options menu/feature: Export image tiles (split image).
- New Options menu: Hotfolder (Watch folder and show new images).
- New view modes in Thumbnails window: Tiles, Details and List mode.
- New feature: (new) "IrfanView Shell Extension" available on PlugIns website (= adds Context menu with some IrfanView operations to Windows Explorer).
- New options in the "Adobe 8BF filters" dialog.
- Improved speed in the LCMS (Color Management) PlugIn.
- Added support for old formats like: Amiga, Atari, C64, ZX Spectrum etc. (RECOIL support in Formats PlugIn).
- New Print dialog features: Borderless print, Negative positions, better preview.
- New command line option: /makecopy, a flag for /convert
=> if destination file exists, save new file as copy: (1), (2), (3) etc.
- Option to add max. 10 external editors (for advanced users): Properties->Misc.
- Option to Drag&Drop current file to other programs: SHIFT + left mouse + drag.
- New Print dialog option: Always use default printer at dialog start.
- New hotkey: CTRL + SHIFT + N = Negative image (all channels).
- Better support for high resolution screens (high DPI).
- Several PlugIns are changed/updated, please install the newest versions http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm