IrfanView is a easy-to-use viewer with support for a large number of image, audio and video formats, including animated GIF, multi-page TIFF and multiple ICO files. It also supports batch processing, creation of panoramic images, editing of multi-page TIFF files, lossless JPEG rotate/crop, capturing icons from EXE or DLL, effects such as sharpen and blur, plugin support, etc.
Alternatively, IrfanView Portable is also available and updates drive letters and handles registry keys.
||WinAll / Wine
|Writes settings to:
||Partial. There is a dll that can be activated from the setting window. But it doesn't cover everything.
Free for non-commerical use
|How to extract:
Note: Plugins adds 10 megs to the size and support for more graphics, audio, video, and more. Plugins for OCR and PDF tools are available separate download -- see thread in forums on how to enable them with portable installations.
- Download the ZIP package and extract to a folder of your choice
- Delete iv_uninstall.exe
- Optionally, download the plugins ZIP package and extract the contents to the Plugins sub folder
- Launch i_view32.exe
- New Add Text dialog features: No selection needed, Preview, Effects etc.
- Option to save profiles (Add-Text, JPG-Save and Color Correction dialog)
- New capture dialog option: Capture fixed screen rectangle; Stop timer
- New transparency save option: Use main window color (GIF, PNG, ICO)
- New file handling option: Remove sidecar files (Properties->File Handling)
- New options in Watermark dialog: Preview, Click to preview
- New folder browsing options in: Properties->Browsing (stop on folder end)
- The EXIF-Thumbnail will be updated during saving as JPG
- New (Freeware) PlugIn for DXF format - thanks to BabaCAD-Software guys!
- New RAW format options in Properties->PlugIns
- New menu: View->Multipage images->Auto show page thumbnails dialog
- New print option for multipage images: Print specific pages
- Option to Set selection rectangle color (Properties->Editing)
- Context menu for video player (Copy frame, change volume)
- New display menu option: Apply Sharpen after Resample
- New button in Batch dialog: Save filenames as TXT file
- New Thumbnail menus: Start Multipage TIF/PDF dialog with selected files
- Thumbnails folder tree: CTRL + click = Load thumbs from all subfolders
- New option for FLV files: Play in main window (Properties->Video)
- New options in Batch rename dialog (create duplicate files)
- Option to save custom dimensions in Resize and Custom-Selection dialog
- Updated TIF loader
- Updated DJVU PlugIn, thanks to guys from Caminova!
- Command line: wildcards support for /multitif and /panorama (see i_options.txt)
- Command line switch for /info: /shortinfo (write just file index and name)
- Command line option for EXE Slideshow: /clearmonitors (clear other monitors)
- Command line option "/append" can be now also used with "/scan"
- New placeholder: $Q (get "correct" file extension, if possible)
- New placeholder: $P (print size, from image->info dialog)
- New fullscreen/slideshow hotkey: C = center image, On/Off
- F8 key now allowed in slideshow mode: copy current file
- Some TIF/GIF/CLP loading bugs fixed
- PCX/XCF/ECW loading bug fixed
- FPX/RLE/TTF/DJVU bug fixed
- JLS (CharLS) loading bug fixed
- PIC format removed (Softimage PICT, loading bugs)
- NLM format removed (Nokia LogoManager formats, loading bugs)
- Several PlugIns are changed/updated, please install the newest versions