IrfanView is a fast and easy-to-use viewer with support for a wide variety image, audio and video formats. The program includes batch processing, creation of panoramic images, editing of multi-page TIFF files, lossless JPEG rotate/crop, and effects such as sharpen and blur. Other tools such as screen capture, scanner, slideshow, plugin support, and ability to capture icons from EXE or DLL
Alternatively, IrfanView Portable is also available and updates drive letters and handles registry keys.
||WinAll / Wine
|Writes settings to:
||Partial. There is a dll that can be activated from the setting window. But it doesn't cover everything.
Free for non-commerical use
|How to extract:
Note: Plugins adds 10 megs to the size and support for more graphics, audio, video, and more. Plugins for OCR and PDF tools are available separate download -- see thread in forums on how to enable them with portable installations.
- Download the ZIP package and extract to a folder of your choice
- Delete iv_uninstall.exe
- Optionally, download the plugins ZIP package and extract the contents to the Plugins sub folder
- Launch i_view32.exe
FastStone Image Viewer
- New options in Resample dialog: Use Resample filters for shrinking; Gamma fix.
- Improved GIF animations.
- Features from Adobe-8BF PlugIn (8BF_FILTERS.DLL) moved to Effects PlugIn.
- New Image menu: Adobe 8BF PlugIns; with new fixed and dynamic PlugIns like:
Perspective Transformations and SmartCurve.
- Option to set custom folder for Adobe 8BF PlugIns menu (Properties->PlugIns).
- Added Drag&Drop from Thumbnails window to another programs.
- New menu: File->Open Recent Files (can be disabled in Properties->Misc).
- New option in Advanced Batch dialog: Don't shrink bigger images.
- Added Center option for Crop in Advanced Batch dialog and /crop.
- Replace Color option can work on selections.
- GIF bug fixed.
- MrSID bug fixed.
- Japanese folder name bug fixed.
- Several PlugIns are changed/updated, please install the newest versions