TreeSize Free shows you instantly which files or folders are taking up the most space on your harddisk without using heavy system resources or reading the drive extensively.
||WinXP / Vista / Win7
|Writes settings to:
||No. Creates an empty JAM Software\TreeSize Free folder in %AppData%. If the context menu integration is enabled/disabled, settings will be written to that folder.
|How to extract:
Download the ZIP package and extract to a folder of your choice. Launch TreeSizeFree.exe.
Optionally, to disable automatic update check on start-up:
- Select "Help" and run "Check for Update...", wait for the popup message Uncheck the "Check for updates regularly" box
- Close the program
- Open GlobalOptions.xml in Notepad and look for the element <CheckForUpdatesAutomatically>True</CheckForUpdatesAutomatically>
- Change True to False and save
- Launch TreeSizeFree.exe
- The "Filter" dialog in the "Options" menu has been enhanced:
- Besides include filters it is now also possible to use exclude filters. This can be useful to exclude certain directories or files permanently from TreeSize Free scans.
- You can now define if matching should be done normally considering the wildcards * and ?, if an exact match should be performed, or if the pattern is treated as regular expression.
- You can decide if the given pattern should be matched against the full path or just against the object name.
- The right click menu now offers to remove a folder temporarily from TreeSize Free or to exclude it permanently from scans.
- A few minor improvements and fixes have been incorporated.