FileMenu Tools customizes the context menu of Explorer, adding built-in utilities for file and folder operations. Users can add customized commands that run external applications, copy/move to a specific folder or delete specific file types; customize the "Send to..." submenu; and enable/disable the commands which are added by other applications to the context menu.
The built-in utilities allow the user to run a given program with arguments, copy/move to a folder, copy path, UNC path, Internet path, name or content to clipboard, view or change attributes, split/join a file, register/unregister a DLL, find and replace, advanced rename, synchronize two folders, delete locked files, create symbolic link, calculate and verify SHA/MD5 checksums, shred files, change folders icon, and many more.
Supports 32 or 64-bit automatically.
||Win95 / Win98 / WinME / WinNT / Win2K / WinXP / Vista / Win7
|Writes settings to:
Administrator rights (to register and unregister the shell extension)
||No. Windows settings are saved to the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LopeSoft.
||Partial. The configuration tool handles Unicode text properly, but this text is displayed only partially correct in the context menu.
||Requires manual entry of relative path (eg. ..\..\personal\work.doc)
Freeware (Donations accepted)
|How to extract:
- Download the self-extracting EXE to a folder of your choice
- To use the program, launch Register FileMenuTools.exe to register the shell extension
- Right-click on an item in the Explorer to see the menu
- To remove the program, launch Unregister FileMenuTools.exe
- To configure, launch FileMenuTools.exe to or choose Configure FileMenu Tools from the menu.
Improvements in custom commands:
- The languages can be downloaded or updated from the application. You now do not need to go to website to download your language and install it manually.
- Command Line From Here: this command will be run as administrator if either the key CTRL or the key SHIFT are pressed.
- Attributes: added a new option to show/hide the file extensions.
- Size of Folders: now takes into account the hard links and therefore calculates correctly the real size in disk when a file has several hard links referenced into the folder or subfolders.
- Fixed bug in Change Time: does not read correctly the time of folders.
Improvements in Advanced Renamer:
- You can create a copy of the custom commands or a complete submenu.
- Now you can specify relative paths for the executable files. If the full path is not specified, then the file is searched into the folders in PATH environment variable.
- The variable @OPENFILE@ lets you now select several files.
- The variables @OPENFILE@ and @SAVEFILE@ can be configured to specify the file types displayed in the dialog box.
- Now the preview is updated automatically and is more efficient than in previous versions.
- Added new variables to insert into the file name: %COMPUTERNAME% / %USERNAME% / %FOLDERNAME%
- Added two new conversion types: Encode to URL format. The special characters will be converted to %XX / Decode from URL format. The special characters will be decoded from the form %XX