Instantbird is a simple and easy to use instant messaging client with support all the major networks. The program has a tabbed interface and similar look and feel to Firefox/Thunderbird (uses the Mozilla codebase), and includes support for customization using themes and add-ons.
Available networks include AOL, Yahoo, MSN, Google Talk, Twitter, Facebook, XMPP, IRC, ICQ, and more.
Instantbird Portable is a version in PortableApps.com format.
||Win2K / WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8
|Writes settings to:
||No. In the event of a crash, saves info to AppData
||Automatic relative path (eg. ..\..\personal\work.doc)
GPL and Mozilla tri-license (MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1)
|How to extract:
Download the self-extracting EXE and extract to a folder of your choice. Launch InstantbirdPortable.exe.
- The log viewer now groups your conversations by date.
- Twitter improvements
- The character counter for Twitter has been improved to take into account automatic link shortening, allowing you to easily tweet links without worrying about their length!
- Updated to the Twitter API v1.1, note that Instantbird 1.3 may stop working with Twitter on June 11th, 2013!
- Twitter now includes everyone you follow as a participant in your timeline.
- IRC authentication works better with bouncers (e.g. ZNC).
- You can now easily override self-signed/invalid/out-of-date certificates for IRC servers.
- Each account now keeps debug logs which can be accessed by right clicking on the account in the Account Manager and choosing "Copy Debug Logs", these contain essential information for developers to diagnose user issues. (Note that debug logs MAY contain sensitive information.)
- Under the Hood
- Updated: Instantbird 1.4 is based on Mozilla 20.0.1 and uses libpurple 2.10.7!
- Mac OS X < 10.6 is no longer supported, please upgrade your operating system or continue using Instantbird 1.3.