SMPlayer is a feature-rich, skinnable player that views most media without any dependency on installed codecs, as well as streaming media, Youtube, and DVD video. Audio, video, and subtitle settings for individual files are all remembered between sessions so you can start again exactly where and how you left off. Supports subtitle downloading, audio and subtitles delay adjustment, video equalizer, playlist support, and much more.
Cross-platform with a client available for Linux. SMPlayer is an interface frontend for MPlayer, mpv and mplayer2. Alternatively, SMPlayer Portable is stealth and adjusts paths. X-SMPlayer is also available.
Languages: 30 including Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, Chinese, and Japanese
||WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8
|Writes settings to:
||Yes. Under Options, Preferences, select Advanced, Advanced, and make sure Pass short filenames (8+3) to MPlayer is selected.
||Requires manual entry of relative path (eg. ..\..\personal\work.doc)
|How to extract:
- Download the portable 7z package (32- or 64-bit)
- Extract using a 7-Zip-compatible program to a folder of your choice
- Launch smplayer.exe
- Fix for YouTube.
- (Experimental) Support for YouTube live streams.
- The thumbnail generator is much faster now.
- New options to seek to the previous or next subtitle (mpv only).
- New option (Preferences -> General) to select the image format for screenshots (mpv only).
- Fix a crash when changing the GUI.
- New option (Preferences -> Interface) to center the window automatically.
- Display a tooltip in the time slider with the corresponding time of the mouse position.
- Now there's an option in the configuration of the find subtitles window which allows to specify if the language code should be appended to the subtitle filename.
- (Fix for Windows) The main window will be centered if it's partially outside of the desktop after an auto resize.
- When adding files to the playlist the first item is moved to its correct place in the list.
- (Experimental) New action to start/stop capturing the playback stream. The captured stream will be saved to the folder specified in the smplayer.ini option "capture_directory" with the name capture_NNNN.dump. It only works correctly with mpeg. With other formats the dumped stream won't play back.
- Disable the extrastereo and karaoke filters when using mpv.